TDK / TDC Fill in the blanks??

99centTaco

Active Hunter
ok this might sound weird to some but I was listening to some soundtracks yesterday while working and something caught my attention. But first just to let you know, yes I do listen to a lot of movie soundtracks (original scores), I was in marching band, jazz band, concert band, during H.S., and then went on to DCI drum corps for 2 years, then local jazz and concert bands. So yea...:lol:

Anyhow, I was listening to 2 tracks over and over again because I kept hearing similarities. At first I thought maybe its just in my head. But I pulled up the composer and bingo! Same guy.. Hans Zimmer. The two tracks I was listening to at the time was TDK-Aggressive Expansion and The Da Vinci Code - Chevaliers De Sangreal. They sounded oddly close to me.

So I go online and check a few sites that carry the sheet music for this kinda stuff. I found about 10 measures that are exactly the same only being played in a different style. So I'm guessing Hans got to a certain section and got stumped.. writers block or something and filled in the blanks..lol:lol: If you ever have the two tracks or just listen to the 30 sec clip on itunes, you might hear it.(y)

i don't think i've ever heard of a composer being that lazy, but there are some traits that an artist brings to each piece that makes it recognizable. john williams, from star wars to indiana jones to superman; danny elfman definitely has a "default" setting that can be heard repeatedly in all his tim burton work; graeme revell hasn't changed too much since the crow to pitch black to tomb raider to sin city. musicians, and composers specifically, find something that works for them and develop it into a style that can be difficult to break free of even after many years.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back