ROTJ BARREL...WHAT IS EVERYONE USING FOR THE PIPE?

FettDad

Active Hunter
hey guys, need some information...for those of you that have built up your blasters, what are you doing with the barrels? i have studied sidewinder's rotj recipe thread, but i cant seem to find that pvc with those dimensions...:confused

are you using just one piece? or doing 2 pieces like sidewinder? i need to know inner and outer dimensions, and where i can find the pipe...also, need to know about the 2 rings, the one up close to the housing of the webley, and and the one that the t-track bumps up against...any info would be greatly appreciated...thanks! :cheers

D, I am currently casting my MR barrel. I know that does not help much.

Did you not post this and some one post up the TK409 photo?

Now you tell us :lol:

You're probably talking about my thread about needing measurements . . .
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=34702

I keep hopping back and forth working on different costume elements, but ironically was working on my barrel a little tonight.

The fin piece closest to the Webley base is basically what locks my barrel onto the Webley casting. I Dremeled a slot onto the cut down Webley barrel, and the new barrel just slides down over it and again locks into place, the fin's being cut from one piece of metal that goes all the way through on both sides.

I cut down and formed the rings from PVC plumbing supplies. Nothing standard would fit. I had to cut and sand and shape it. Big pain (Dremeling PVC makes a nasty powder that manages to get everywhere) but looking okay now. The piece the ribs go onto is just a standard pipe, 2 inch I think, but I belive it should possible be just a hair smaller.

Gino has T-track if you don't have that. The very most accurate available.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back