GI Joe

cojake

Hunter
I just got back from GI Joe. I liked it alot. It was much better than I anticipated it would be. Lots of action and excitement. Will it change your life? No, but it was pretty darn entertaining and fun to watch. (y)

The movie is great, i saw it yesterday. The Snake eyes and the Stormshadow keep the balance in the movie, like ying and yang.
A lot action, the girls ah:D..
For sure it should be a second part but that depends of how much this movie made.
There were a couple ccg special effects not very 100% good, but just a few.
For me The best story of character and acting in the movie was Baroness.
She was perfect.

Ray Park A+ (y)(y)(y) The rest of the movie C- :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm and if my high school math is correct:confused averages to a B :cheers not too shabby :D

I think the Venture Bros. episode were they had the Gi JOE intro is going to be better...the movie just looks like a campy iron man rip off. kinda disappointed. luckily i'm stuck on a boat for a few more months and will only be able to watch this on dvd

Only one reason to go watch....Snake Eyes!!!

Duke's "ghetto dialect" at the begin of the movie bugged me, but the rest of the movie was very entertaining. Opening day attendance at our local theater was low, so I'm interested in seeing how it fares after the weekend. I think it could have been hyped better to build interest and anticipation.

We'll probably go see it a second time.

Snake Eyes was perfectly protrayed by Ray Park and I eagerly awaited for every scene where he'd be shown! Nice to see a character that's played by Park that's not killed off! Although some of the dialogue, especially from Waynes and his general character anoyed me the most! I also didn't really care for Tatum as Duke either, he didn't really come off as the leader of the unit and seemed to be just kind of there as a place holder! All in all I was pretty entertained just as I was when seeing TF2 and thought that the Destro backstory was interesting as well as how Cobra Commander came to be.

I agree the movie was great, it wasn't very much the way I remembered the cartoons from my childhood memories but indeed a great movie , snake eyes was awesome. I loved the fact that the movie was packed with action from the very start to the very end. Most of all Cobra commander turned out to be an awesome character , I really liked him.

Saw i yesterday and I liked it a lot. Pretty decent storyline. Action and fighting from start to finish, which I liked because otherwise it might have sucked if you had to wait for them to finally face each other at the end. Wasn't a big fan of Scarlett in the cartoon, but a fan in the movie. Same with the Baroness.

Only thing I thought they could have done better with was Cobra Commander's mask at the end

the movie just looks like a campy iron man rip off. kinda disappointed. luckily i'm stuck on a boat for a few more months and will only be able to watch this on dvd

that's what I expected too since the previews make it look that way, but fortunately those suits are used for one scene in the movie and NOT throughout.

I went in to TF2 with extremely low expectations and was pleasently surprised to see my childhood brought to life in a number of the fight scenes. I went in to GI Joe with similarly low expectations but with a glimmer of hope to again be surprised by seeing my childhood brought to life.... and I wanted so badly to like this movie... but man was it ever bad... and I just can't make any justifications or excuses to make it better. I think there was about 1.5 mins worth of movie (the last fight between SE and SS) that I considered good. The rest? One giant cluster...

To me this movie didn't really know what it wanted to be. I believe if I were still 10 years old I would have been blown away... but I really feel like a lot of the action and graphic violence (as well as the language) was a bit much for a young child... but while there were adult themes, the plot and a lot of the wiley coyote catoonish action made it utterly impossible to take any of it seriously. I wish they would have gone one way or the other, either be an adult action film, or be a kids cartoon... but flipping back and forth and not commiting one way or the other was really annoying.

I did think it was funny to see both Brendan Fraiser and "Beni" from the Mummy in the movie...

I am really bummed because I want to make a Storm Shadow costume and am now a little less excited about it because the movie was just so aweful... although Storm Shadow was pretty cool. I couldn't even really like snake eyes, because that stupid rubber suit was so distracting and the cinematography for Snake Eyes action scenes ... well... for ALL the action scenes was just horrible.

I feel like I need to apologize for not being entertained as many of you were, but to me... it was 99% junk...

I saw Funny People the other day... : P haven't see GI Joe yet though. Probably won't, as Art said, I just expect it to be really bad. The previews even looked bad.

Going to see it for the second time.... maybe I'll like it this time.

Right now I'm just..."Ehh" :facepalm

Still love the Snake Eyes costume.(y)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back