Saz custom build #1 Krayt dragon

Saz

Hunter
Hi guys,

Me again!

Now I have finished the Master bucket I will be making a couple to keep as master copies for further projects. I will be slowly improving on my initial design but first I will be working on an idea I've had for a while.

I enjoy making buckets, that I have found out, I have always had the intention of making limited run art pieces based on the Mandalorian helmet and this one is probably my coolest design.

I've been learning Japanese for a while now, I'm kind of at kindergarten level with it, but I am strongly influenced by the culture and I thought what would be cool is to make a bucket with a Japanese dragon on it.

"But" I thought, "it's not very starwars!".

So I looked in my little dictionary and found the Krayt Dragon, looked on the net, found a few visual references and came up with the following design.

Krayt.jpg

I used the mando maker to help me get the base look of the helmet, so props to that tool.

I also did a 3-d representation of what it would look like in pen:

Kraythelmet.jpg

I will be making only 10 of these art pieces and I will collect names on a first come first serve basis when I run out of room in my house and I am forced to sell them.

I like the idea of only 10 people in the world having the design :)

Once I get my new resin in I will cast me off a helmet and begin the design.

Looks awesome!

I've been toying with the idea of having Star Wars creatures on my bucket, but I don't think I have the skill required, having tried it myself once.

Can't wait to see it done, and I'd be happy to own one!

Pacx

Hey! keep me in mind here! I couldn't get one for at least a few months (wedding kind of saps the financial resources, y'know), but I REALLY like the dragon.

When I am forced to sell them (due to space and money constraints) I'll be looking at about £100 plus any postage (and insurance if you choose it), as I will not go further than 10 versions, so they'll be pretty exclusive.

Of course, I have to build the master first and I need to get my resin to cast out a few copies of the master.

Will be progressing it here with photies, as is my wote :D

£100 for this?! *picks up jaw from keyboard* wow! That's pretty cheap considering (note: this isnt an excuse to raise the price xD)

Can't wait to see what it looks like fully made!

Pacx

Depending on costs it will be around that mark, I enjoy doing it and I think I will get great enjoyment looking on TDH, seeing some guy or gal at a convention wearing a helmet that I made.

I have always aimed it at the "Don't want 100% accurate, I want affordable" market as there are so many great makers in the accurate area and not everyone wants a Boba or Jango or want to build their own.

I think it's more valuable to me to see people enjoy my creations, that's just the way I am I guess :)

Nothing wrong with that :D

I'd like to develop the skills to make these helmets, and you'd get enough enjoyment from me for eleventy-thousand people :p

I am definetaly subscriping to this. I would reallllllly like one of these. If I will be able to buy one of these in time when you will be selling them I just had an amazing idea for a whole armor scheme based on the helmet.. Hmm I see my next project and my V2 armor...
Sorry I am no good with curency exchange rates. About how much would £100 equal in US American Dollars? (Why do I have a strange feeling its $200... Shiping might kill me too.)
*Runs over to piggy bank, shakes it* *shakes his head**thinks to himself, "I better start saving now!"*
You rock Saz!

Whoah! Cool, Saz! I can't wait to see this thing in the flesh. :D As felshy as pixels can get, that is. ;) If only I had money!

I am definetaly subscriping to this. I would reallllllly like one of these. If I will be able to buy one of these in time when you will be selling them I just had an amazing idea for a whole armor scheme based on the helmet.. Hmm I see my next project and my V2 armor...
Sorry I am no good with curency exchange rates. About how much would £100 equal in US American Dollars? (Why do I have a strange feeling its $200... Shiping might kill me too.)
*Runs over to piggy bank, shakes it* *shakes his head**thinks to himself, "I better start saving now!"*
You rock Saz!

i think USD is roughly double UK pounds, which has saved me alot on eBay!!!

Pacx

If I can scrape it together when you're selling them I'd gladly pay $200-ish for one of those!

Nevu440: I was thinking the same thing: an entire armor set base around that dragon.

Will be a while mate, I have to get the basic helmets out to the people that want them first and then I can concentrate on this bad boy!

*Edit* I might be persuaded to do 2 runs of 10 if current interest levels rise.

Last edited by a moderator:
As fate would have it, I made a bucket that was too thin at the ends to sell, so I have primered it and will be drawing on the picture to the side of the bucket sometime soon. I am still working on things for the normal bucket pieces though first.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back