Custom Mandos

kalika

Well-Known Hunter
Hi all,
I'm wanting to start on custom mandos for me and the wife... but I'm stalled out in the planning phase and could use some help. Anybody out there with a tallent for this stuff please feel free to pitch in. Here's what I have so far. Clan crest is a modified sabertooth tiger skull. Both sets will have standard helmet and the common grey flightsuit.

Mine:
Male 5'8" Thin/Athletic build
Specialty: Scout/Sniper (usually in a spotter/supporting role)
Additional Skills: Tracker, Tactical Air Control
Colors: Not Sure Yet... I want a subdued sort of Boba Fett look with a little bit of customization and no jet pack... but I would like to have a sort of camo cloak type addition. Includes crossed leather (western style) pistol holsters... sidearms will be modified westars or 1911 airsoft pistols.

Wife's:
Female 5'4" average build
Specialty: Sniper/Sharpshooter
Color: Want a Kentucky Wildcats type theme for this one with a predominance of blue. single (western style) pistol holster with a similar sidearm to mine. Not sure if we want to go with a similar cloak or a kama with this one. Will be hopefully basing the armor on this one from Rotton's fem'mando chest plates.

Thanks,

Kal'ika

living in the good ole' state of Kentucky i enjoy the idea of a wildcats mando but for a sniper i would go darker, but thats just what i think.

also snipers are cool
also i think that for the sniper whose the tact' air support it would help to have like a ghillie cover in a pack
and a woven hood.

living in the good ole' state of Kentucky i enjoy the idea of a wildcats mando but for a sniper i would go darker, but thats just what i think.

also snipers are cool
also i think that for the sniper whose the tact' air support it would help to have like a ghillie cover in a pack
and a woven hood.
I know that Wildcat Blue isn't the best color for a sniper. However, for the fem I wanted a little more flashy. As for the other, I was thinking about the ghillie... I think I'm going to go with the hooded cloak similar to the one used by the snipers in the new Killzone2 game... they look pretty frakin' awesome. Thanks for the input... I appreciate it. I hope to have concept sketches up soon.

YEs, listen to Noval Talon you must! The Mando Maker will help you at least get an idea of what you want to do.

As for colors and specialties:

My characters specialty is guerrella combat. I wanted a camo type look without using any camo at all in my colors. I would think for your specialty, you would be wise to use the same principal. Subdued and military earthy colors are your friends... browns, tans, green etc. If you look at my pix here or at the Mando Mercs site, you will see what I did. Also, Check out Beviin Verhayc's pix on the Mercs site or you could probably google him for pix. He's one of the "famous" Dune Sea Garrision Mando's from Celebration 4.

For your wife, being a sniper and wanting to still use blue. Might I suggest using a matte black as your primary coloration and use the blue as a secondary color and sparesly. Some trim here and there etc.

Good luck!

well if you can get a good enough camo net/ ghille cover it does not matter what color your armor is plus i think mandos chose their colors either on personal preference or the whole red= 888888 or gold= 888888
so thats something to think about(y)

yeah actually listen to noval talon I will! As for the color scheme... yeah I'm still looking into my own color pattern but for my wife's I'm still leaning toward the wildcats scheme, because yes... in mandalorian culture the color of the armor can be chosen for function or on personal preference... and she's not real big on the whole matte camo colors, especially black. We will be adding a sort of ghille/sniper cloak to her costume though.

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Kal'ika

yeah actually listen to noval talon I will! As for the color scheme... yeah I'm still looking into my own color pattern but for my wife's I'm still leaning toward the wildcats scheme, because yes... in mandalorian culture the color of the armor can be chosen for function or on personal preference... and she's not real big on the whole matte camo colors, especially black. We will be adding a sort of ghille/sniper cloak to her costume though.

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Kal'ika

You can always give your wife a really, really big black cape to hide all that blue under. ;)

Ok so, I have finally managed to sketch out the rough concept for my own armor... still haven't gotten around to sketching out the wife's yet. I had to devote some time to the custom fan art sketches for a few other ppl... you can check those out in my other thread. I'll have the sketch for my armor up within the next day or two.

Kal'ika

Here are the concept sketches for Kal'ika and Fi. Let me know what you think.

Kal'ika

Kal'ika Amor.jpg

Fi Armor.jpg

I need help finding the parts here. Anyone know where I can find cheap flightsuits, armor parts and helmets? Helmets and Flightsuits especially. Any help will be appreciated.

Kal'ika

hi all,
Just an update, these two mandos have been designed! I'll post the completed updates sometime this weekend. I will also be working on about five additional mandos for my closest friends, warriors all (literally, since they're all military). I am carefully working on shaping and rigging their armor and weapons based on their personalities and actual skills. Once those are designed, they'll be posted here and as I continue to work on my projects, I will post the progress in this page.

Kal'ika

Here is are the most recent variations of Kal'ika and Fi, the armor for myself and my wife. Her rifle is a nerf longshot with a few mods, mine is a Nerf Recon with A LOT of mods, although since I based it on my M4 from work, it may become an airsoft M4 with a very large number of custom fabricated add-ons. The front barrel/underbarrel gun from the longshot has also been added to Kal'ika's carbine to give him an underbarrel micro-detonator launcher... have to protect that shooter ;)

Kal'ika

Kal__ika_and_Fi_ver_2_0_by_sigpro54.jpg

Thanks! Yeah I know... devart isn't exactly the best file host...lol However, by the end of the month I'll have a little extra income to work with, so I'll be starting actual work soon, and of course there are a few small redesigns I'll be posting soon. Not so much on hers, but a lot on mine.

just a quick update... new concept sketch coming up soon with a few minor updates... the design for Kal's rifle is finalized. It's quite awesome in my humble opinion. Fi's is mostly finalized I think, we may still make a few small changes before we start the actual work on it. I'm still waiting on materials to work with, and time to work... due to my current work schedule. Will let you know when I have more.

Kal

Fi_and_Kal_ver_2_5_by_sigpro54.jpg
Okay... this is what I believe to be our final design. Work will be starting sometime soon on the actual beskar'gam... assuming my work schedule slacks off just a lil bit. No need for the light whip Ordeyn (since they want to use it on u all the time). Any advice or suggestions... now's the time people. I'm thinkin' for a lot of the parts I'm going to be goin' the trash can route like Ordeyn did... so manufacturing tips would be great! (hint, hint.)

Kal'ika

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back