Question about black straps on girthbelt

SharkForge

Well-Known Hunter
Hey guys, so I have black elastic for the straps on the back of his girthbelt. How do you guys attach them? Do you sew one end and then just tie to the toher side? better method?

El1te

Ok, that helps a lot! I was wondering how I wouldn't fray it... Do you have issues with it permanently stretching overtime?

El1te

Stretching??? Wait...you are using elastic on those??? Hold the phone!! LOL You should be using just plain strapping material. been a while since I looked at it, but i wanna say 1 1/2". You can get it at walmart, or just about every other fabric store. Don't use elastic!!! ;)

I thought it was odd too... I was told that that was what the original was >_<... I'm glad I followed up on it... Thanks!

El1te

I think the original were nylon right?

I personally like leather ones, but they are not canon. Send a message to Taco if you want to go the sweet leather route...

Yep, nylon is what was used on the movie suits :) Personally, I think leather looks better than nylon too, but I still go the cheap nylon route.

Here is some ref of the original.

girth_belt_strap_1.jpg

girth_belt_strap_2.jpg

I love how the holes are just shoved where the metal bit was just shoved through. That's how I did mine, and I didn't even realise it was semi-accurate, haha.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back