(Mostly) Finished Jango Fett Open Seasons

CasiusOntius

Active Hunter
Okay everyone... first of all, I had my WIP thread here, for anyone interested. http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=27100

Now, here are some pics I took tonight of me wearing the whole thing except the jet pack, which I am still working on. I am wearing it out tomorrow night. My mother is the librarian at the local grade school and she is doing a costume contest/movie night, of which I will be judging/helping out in my costume.

For now, here's the pics of me posing, after we get some of me at the event, I'll post those too! Thanks for looking everyone!

P1020577.jpg

P1020578.jpg

P1020581.jpg

P1020582.jpg

P1020585.jpg

P1020586.jpg

P1020589.jpg

P1020590.jpg

I hope that wasn't too many pics, sorry if the load time was long. I am really excited about being almost finished with this!

P1020577.jpg

P1020578.jpg

P1020581.jpg

P1020582.jpg

P1020585.jpg

P1020586.jpg

P1020589.jpg

P1020590.jpg

looks great dude .the only thing , on the left gaunt your under piece is supouse to be flush with back of gount not front.:cheers by the way what kind of bucket is that?

Thanks for all the great encouragment!

looks great dude .the only thing , on the left gaunt your under piece is supouse to be flush with back of gount not front.:cheers by the way what kind of bucket is that?

I'm a bit confused by the gauntlet thing, care to explain a little more? Sorry, lol.

I purchased the raw bucket from a member here on the boards and he said it's a Mystery Helmet. It cleaned up really nice, I can't even tell there used to be a dent... :lol:

AWESOME!!! Looks amazing!!! I've been following your WIP, and the finished product does great credit to the time and effort you put into it!!!

Great work!!!
(y)(y)(y)
A'den

I'm a bit confused by the gauntlet thing, care to explain a little more? Sorry, lol.

What he meant was that the underside part of the left gauntlet should be level with the top side of the gauntlet at the rear, where as you have it levelled to the front of the top half of the gauntlet.

Basically there should be an undercut for your wrist to move.

I'm guessing that makes it screen accurate, though it looks perfectly fine to me and I wouldn't have noticed had it not been pointed out.

What he meant was that the underside part of the left gauntlet should be level with the top side of the gauntlet at the rear, where as you have it levelled to the front of the top half of the gauntlet.

I'm guessing that makes it screen accurate, though it looks perfectly fine to me and I wouldn't have noticed had it not been pointed out.

I am not 100% sure what the EU accurate gauntlets are for OS Jango, but IMHO they are Jaster Mareel gauntlets.

Your kit is looking good. Your shin armor looks like it may be a tad loose. If so you can fix that by having your pant cuffs taken in and hemmed to be tighter or use some internal strapping. The first option is MUCH more comfortable.

I am not 100% sure what the EU accurate gauntlets are for OS Jango, but IMHO they are Jaster Mareel gauntlets.

I have no clue either, I was just paraphrasing what silver and black trooper was saying to help Casius understand his point.

Like I said, I didn't notice, nor do I care how he connects them, the suit looks good!:)

Oh wait, you meant Expanded Universe, not European Union didn't you?

I'll get my coat!

Thanks for the clarification, I guess I didn't notice, LOL. Like you said, I'm not going to make a big deal out of it. Technically, these gauntlets aren't comic accurate, but I like how these look better than the ones in the comic.

Do you plan to do the custom earcaps that Jango had in Open Seasons? Or are you going to keep the movie style caps?

I may do another helmet and try it out, but this one's staying as it is. I actually have the custom earcaps, but I was too afraid to try to do surgery on my helmet when I needed it so soon. As I said, I will most likely end up getting another helmet when I have the funds, and messing with that one

Thank you for all the comments, guys, I appreciate it! I'm getting ready to leave right now to this movie night thing, it should be fun. I can't wait to see how the kids are going to react to it! :D

Nice work, the suit looks great. You could move the shoulder armor down just a bit for a nice fit.

Here's what silver n black trooper was talking about. The left gauntlet lower shell should line up with the upper half at the rear, then the calc pad overhangs at the wrist.

RotJ_HD_017.png

Attachments

• RotJ_HD_017.png
    RotJ_HD_017.png
    584.8 KB · Views: 304
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back