What do you do if you have glasses??

I've never tried on a Fett helmet before. Is there enough room inside for someone to wear their glasses (they aren't big and bulky but slim and trim.)

edit: I realize that the helmet versions to differ in size but I'm speaking more generally here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good question, I am not able to wear my glasses with my Red Guard helmet, and it sucks to be blind! LOL

I have not yet purchased contacts. My eyes are dry and contacts usually do not work out too well for me.

I am sure someone here has some ideas about the Fett bucket.

I wear slim and trim glasses and I cannot wear them. I do not want contacts so I just suck it up and go blind. My Fett helmet is so much better to see out of then my Tusken or Guard but those are now my display costumes. Unless you have horrible eye sight you should be fine, I walked on a few occasions, several miles at night (parades) and had no problems.

I have a moderate astigmatism. While I can function without the glasses I don't like to. Maybe I can modify an old pair to work with the helmet or something...

Thanks for the response.

I get a new pair every 2 years or less, and took the hinges off of my last pare, and hot glue'd them into the helmet on the visor. Works pretty well! If you have the room...

Can you not wear contacts for medical reasons, or is it the cost ? I've been wearing them for years and the cost has gone down dramatically, especially if you only get a few pair for trooping occasionally.

If it's a matter of not liking them, I would still try them out, it's waaaay better than glasses.

On a side note, why is it that folks who wear Imperial Officer costumes still wear their glasses ? Every other costume has to be authentic and detail oriented except for that. Plus it just looks silly, like Darth Vader in sneakers !

Timmer, I used to live in Clifton Park (now I'm in Troy (a nice part :) ))

Regarding the cost/medical issue it's really not relevant. I don't want to get them. Maybe down the road but right now I am sticking with glasses. There seems to be mixed results here so I will wing it once I get my bucket I guess.

Danny, what about those wrap-around style glasses they make for athletic type activities ? They fit closer to your face and have the safety strap I think.

I've seen stormtrooper buckets where the guys have mounted the frames, minus the earpiece part, to the inside on a little arm or something.. I find my Fett bucket , even though it's not done yet as far as the interior foam, etc. it has much more eyeglass room inside as well as ease of on and off with glasses.

I dont wear glasses but is it possible to get them made (prescription) tinted (hopefully dark enough), and big enough to fit as normal to the bucket instead of the normal visor? As your eyes are maybe an inch from the 'visor' would this allow for better optical viewing? I can't see it working for a Fett bucket but maybe a tk etc.......?

I remember from my Army days, there was a type of thick black rubber band-ish style of prescription lens insert that was worn inside the M-17 protective (gas) mask...

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back