Ah Ha!

christssoldiers

New Hunter
So with a little help I have managed to make my way to the introduction forum! (You guys sure have it buried here!) Well, on with the show.

I'm John, and I'm a Fett'aholic!

I have been a Star Wars fan practically since birth and have always has a particular affinity for the Galaxy's most feared bounty hunter. Ever since I saw the way he back sassed Darth Vader with impunity;

"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me..."

And then watched in amazment as the dark lord of the sith practically grovelled before him;

"The Empire will compensate you if he dies."

well O.K., maybe that wasn't exactly grovelling, but still. If it was anyone else he had been talking to the conversation might have ended with something more like;

"I'm altering the deal, pray I don't alter it any further!"

or even;

"I find your lack of faith... disturbing (insert force choke here)"

but oh no! Not with Boba Fett you don't buddy! I gotta say that made quite an impression. Who was this guy that even Darth Vader would think twice before scamming him out of his bounty? Who was he indeed...

While I must admit I was a little disappointed with the fact that the prequel trilogy shattered the story line of Boba Fett as it had developed though years of extended storylines in novels and comic books, I did enjoying this new twist on just what a pivitol roll he (and he and he and he and he) played in the grand scheme of things.

So long story short (to late?) I realy like Boba (and by extension, but to a much lesser degree Jango) Fett quite a bit.

I have seen numerous Boba Fett costumes and masks (none that I would call true helmets) over the years but those pitiful excuses for custumes left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

Well imagine my surprise when, while doing a little recreational web surfing I stumbled upon a site, that led to a site, that led to all you fine people here at TDH!

Now my vigor is renewed! I must become (a cheap imitation of) The Galaxy's Most Feared Bounty Hunter!

I cannot believe the wealth of information, skill, and artistic talet that are available here and not to mention the generosity of the community. The time and effort required to create and provide free of charge such things as WoF's amazing templates or Antmans great cardboard tutorial just to name a few.

I have about 80% of my first cardboard helm completed already and I already know I will be doing a second one as soon as it's complete. And not just because I can't fit my giant melon sized head in the standard size, although that is a huge bummer. I also want to apply all that I have learned from this trial run in to a truely high quality helmet, and eventually a full Boba Fett costume.

Well if you managed to read all of the above you certainly have a lot of free time on your hands! Anyway great community, looking forward to being a part of it. Thanks!

--
John

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back