Sidewinder

dankenman

Hunter
I got this in the mail yesterday:
P1010454.jpg

...and it was well worth the wait to get it. I am excited to get started on it. I put a scope that I got thru the cargo hold in the pic. It's really close to the sidewinder version:
P1010456.jpg

I also got some real molex connectors from Art, and put them side by side for reference as well:
P1010459.jpg

I do have a question. What is the best way to connect the flash tube to the barrel? It slides into it, but how do you attach them? Glue? Wrap the tube and wedge it in? I appreciate any input.

Something I've always wondered too. Interesting, does Sidewinder supply the flash with his kit? I plan on ordering my blaster from him when I'm ready for it.

It does not come with the flash tube. I got my heiland off of fleabay. The sidewinder kit comes with everything in the first pic, except the flash tube, the real scope, and the real molex connectors. I have to clean up a few of the pieces before I paint it, but I am very happy with it, and give it a (y)(y)
I also plan to replace the stock with a real walnut stock, although the detail in the cast is really good.

ive always found that using electrical tape twice around (by twice i mean two separate bands of tape) the flash just inside the barrel wil hold it in place very well. it also leaves it removable if you need to transport it in luggage etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately the scope was unidentified when I purchased it, and the only writing that appears on it is the "4X20" and that's it. No other marks on it. It's not totally accurate anyway, but I still would like to know. I just won the real scope rings from Sidewinder himself on fleabay, so I get to add those to it as well!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back