SEND IN THE CLONES - TDH Opens a Clone Trooper Forum!

Art Andrews

Community Founder
Community Staff
attachment.php

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47

Dear fellow TDH Members,

We are very excited to announce the opening of a forum for Clone Troopers, and Clone Trooper variants, including those from Attack of the Clones, Revenge of the Sith, the Clone Wars cartoons, and additional sources!

Why clones?
Not only are the clones Jango Fett’s progeny but also are Boba Fett’s siblings. They also borrow from both Boba and Jango in terms of costume design. Additionally, we feel that to keep things fresh and interesting, from time to time, we need to introduce new opportunities for our members to explore, here, within the confines of TDH’s family-friendly and politic-free environment.

What expertise does TDH have in clones? Isn’t Fett your area?
In general, yes, Boba and Jango Fett are our areas of expertise, but we are very excited to expand our knowledge into other areas and what better way than to consult the experts? When we made the decision to add this forum, we realized we needed help, so we went directly to the top and talked to the Sci-Fire group and we are now opening this forum as a joint venture with Sci-Fire!

Does this mean the clone trooper forum will be specific to Sci-Fire and only Sci-Fire costumes will be able to be discussed?
Absolutely not! We welcome the discussion of any and all clone troopers, regardless of the source. The only limitations we would ask is that you do not discuss or promote recast materials. As with all things at TDH, we are an open community that believes no matter whose armor you have or what level of perfection you require, you are welcome here!

Aren’t there already established sites for clones? Are you competing with them?
Yes, there are already two well known sites dedicated to clones, but we feel TDH has something unique to offer in regard to our community cohesion and our extreme attention to detail, which is again, why we enlisted the assistance of the Sci-Fire group. In the coming months, we hope to provide detailed tutorials for creating your own clone armor in a way that has not been made available before. So, technically, yes, we are competing with the established sites, but we would like to think that we are pandering to a different audience and providing different opportunities.

With that being said, I hope those who are interested in clones will contribute to the new forum, adding yet another chapter to TDH’s successful story!

D

clones_coming.jpg

What a grand idea Dent with expanding TDH to new fields ,im sure there are a many on here who likes there clones ,but dont we all :D
Now Bring in the clones :cheers

Awesome idea. Now I need to smack a dent in my Phase 1, Phase 2, Commander Neyo, and Commander Bacara helmets and they will definately fit in. :) I can't wait to see this new piece of TDH develop. I think it will be great. Thanks for doing this.

Totally stoked! Thank you again TDH for providing a wonderful place for us to share our love for all things Fett!

Last edited by a moderator:
I find this completely unnecessary.

There are all ready two well established boards for Clones, clone-empire.com, and the official 501st detachment Clonetroopers.net.. We all ready isolated the custom mandos and they went to Mando Mercs. I would have expected Bossk or Dengar to become part of TDH before Clones were. Can Stormtroopers come here too? I mean according to EU Canon, the 501st Legion were still clones from the years of the Clone Wars, so why not?

There is no demand for another Clone site, as I said there are all ready two well developed sites. What will happen is either our new section will only get members who are part of TDH to post Clone costume threads, or one of the other boards will die. I'm honestly surprised that The Bounty Hunter's Guild is still around because we've put such a dent in them.

What new costume section is next? The Joker?

There are all ready two well established boards for Clones, clone-empire.com, and the official 501st detachment Clonetroopers.net.. We all ready isolated the custom mandos and they went to Mando Mercs. I would have expected Bossk or Dengar to become part of TDH before Clones were. Can Stormtroopers come here too? I mean according to EU Canon, the 501st Legion were still clones from the years of the Clone Wars, so why not?

There is no demand for another Clone site, as I said there are all ready two well developed sites. What will happen is either our new section will only get members who are part of TDH to post Clone costume threads, or one of the other boards will die. I'm honestly surprised that The Bounty Hunter's Guild is still around because we've put such a dent in them.

I have to agree with this.
TDH is for Boba and such...not Clone Troopers. They have their own boards.

''What new costume section is next? The Joker'' True, during this ''Joker hype'' There were a lot of new members just for this Joker thread...I mean, TDH is for bounty hunters not for Jokers:facepalm

There is demand. As a member here, whom is building a 3rd clone, this is the only site that I come to in relation to this hobby, due to an increasingly, very hectic personal and professional life (which I had to go effectivley "underground" recently due to image issues with the general public and my profession) Based on that, I personally chose to stay with this ONE site, as it is moderated and administred professionally, maintaining a family safe environment that has not in my opinion, been effectively replicated anywhere else since I dove into this hobby almost 4 years ago. There is most certaintly demand for a well managed, very active site such as this, in general. And just as the Dent stated in his announcement, the correlation between the clones and Fett is direct, making this sub-forum category a natural additon to all things Fett. Cut and dry.

(y)I find this very reasonable, there are also very respected members that they work and they carry out spectacular costumes, really congratulations for this reason and I hope quickly to enroll!!!!!!!!

:cheersLeo

GCNgamer,

It is unfortunate you feel this way, but everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion.

I am not sure what you mean by us "isolating" the custom mandolorians. We are not in competition with the Mandolorian Mercs as they are a costuming club, like the 501st, and we are a site dedicated to helping members build their costumes. TDH and the Mandolorian Mercs work together, not against one another.

I am afraid you are incorrect in your assumption that there is a lack of demand for another clone site. The main reason we have created this forum is DUE TO DEMAND. We have been asked more about a clone forum than any other, and after careful consideration and a lot of discussion with various influential people within the clone community, we came to the conclusion that TDH did have something worthwhile to offer that community. You seem to think this decision was made in place of another, such as Bossk or Dengar, but there is absolutely no demand for those characters, whereas the clone troopers have had considerable demand.

In regard to the Bounty Hunter's Guild, again, they are a costuming club, and we are not. In addition, we extended a hand when they were reinventing themselves but they wanted to stand on their own. We wish them the best in their endeavors but won't take responsibility for any effect our success has on them.

Nice jab regarding the Joker. After that debacle, we made policy changes which has helped ensure people are interested in what we have to offer here and so far it seems to have been effective.

Again, it is unfortunate you don't approve of this and if clones are truly not wanted at TDH then the lack of posting and content will eventually result in the clone forum withering, dying, and being reabsorbed by the general Star Wars forum. However, I find it sad that you would like to see us boxed in and limited to only this or that character with little room to grow and expand. While Boba Fett will always be our primary focus and love, we are here to serve the needs of our members and when that includes expanding in a logical way, we plan to do so, except for the Joker.;)

While I disagree with most of what you said, I want to thank you for your comments and presenting a different point of view.

D

I never once said that Clone Troopers are not welcome here, and I would appreciate it if words were not being put in my mouth. I love seeing Clone Trooper build-ups, however, I do not think they deserve their own section. I myself, do have my own thread about my Stormtrooper build up here, which was placed the correct section, "Star Wars Characters;" which is what a Clone Trooper is.

If the Star Wars Characters section was not on TDH, I wouldn't be posting about my stormtrooper, because it isn't part of the medium that this board contains to.

I still don't agree that there is a demand for another Clone site.. What I notice is that people post their build up threads here on The Dented Helmet, 501stforums.com, Clone-Empire.com, and Clonetroopers.net; as I am doing with my stormtrooper here and on whitearmor.net. There are also several other Stormtrooper build-up threads going on here, why not award them with their own section? The more costumes that get posted on here, the more it is felt that organisation is requied, especially in the Star Wars Characters section. However, the more we diversify our forum, we start to lose who we really are; Boba, Jango, and Zam.

While I see it's all ready too late to turn back, I would prefer that if TDH would have an open floor debate on such changes to the forum. We are all members of the community, and I think that the membership should be permitted to give their input before such changes are implemented.

I never once said that Clone Troopers are not welcome here, and I would appreciate it if words were not being put in my mouth.

Andy, no one is saying you said that and no one is putting words in your mouth. Lets not turn this into an issue of semantics.

I love seeing Clone Trooper build-ups, however, I do not think they deserve their own section...

...I still don't agree that there is a demand for another Clone site...

...There are also several other Stormtrooper build-up threads going on here, why not award them with their own section? The more costumes that get posted on here, the more it is felt that organisation is requied, especially in the Star Wars Characters section...

Again, you are entitled to your opinion, misguided as it is. We did not create this forum due to the number of clone trooper threads posted in the Star Wars Character forum. We created it due to multiple requests by our members and then after weeks of careful consideration and discussion. In answer to your question regarding stormtroopers, no, it is incredibly unlikely that we will create a Stormtrooper forum. There is no demand for it, even if there are numerous Stormtrooper posts.

However, the more we diversify our forum, we start to lose who we really are; Boba, Jango, and Zam.

There is a certain level of logic and validity to this argument, however, there are those who feel that Zam waters down the Boba section or that customs water down all of TDH. Should we not have those sections? Should we ostracize that significant segment of this hobby? Does it mean we should never grow and should only stick to Boba and no one else? You may say "yes" but we disagree and feel that there is nothing wrong with slowly spreading our wings to encompass other characters in which there is an interest and a demand. As I said before, if the members of TDH disagree they will "vote" with their posts and will not support the new forum and it will eventually wither and die.

I would prefer that if TDH would have an open floor debate on such changes to the forum. We are all members of the community, and I think that the membership should be permitted to give their input before such changes are implemented.

This is probably going to come across ugly and you will just have to take it for what it is. TDH is not a democracy. We don't vote. We don't mire ourselves in politics and debate. We are always open to your thoughts or your suggestions but we have never and will never turn TDH into a political circus in such a way. You may not feel that this is what would happen, but one of our core values is never to be mired in such things. You are ALWAYS welcome to voice your opinion or desire for anything you want, would like, don't want, or would not like, much as you are doing here. While we take all of these thoughts and requests very seriously, we will not allow it to go to public debate which only encourages division and an "us vs them" mentality.

Custom mandos being isolated on TDH had very little to do with the creation of Mando Mercs. Mercs was created out of a need for customs to be represented in the costuming community as a group, which is not what TDH was trying to accomplish in the first place. We work with TDH because they are a costume resource, which is why we share links sometimes work tables etc.

If TDH wishes to create secondary branches into different aspects of Star Wars costuming, then so be it. Heck, even at Mercs we have a board for non-mandalorian costumes. It's a great way to keep people around your community who have like interests and possibly tips and techniques to share that can be incorporated into any costume. The primary focus of TDH hasn't changed, just the scope of the forum coverage. There are some facts that probably need to be faced when looking at these changes.

1) Boba/Jango screen costumes have pretty much been fleshed out. Almost 100% of previously undiscovered parts from the original costume have been discovered and replicas perfected. How much more can we learn about these kits?

2) Diversification even at a secondary level helps to grow your primary focus. Clone fans may come here to talk about their clone armor, and by browsing the boba/jango/custom/zam boards become interested in doing one of those costumes as well.

For an organization to keep interest in it's primary goal, then it has to diversify. I see this as less TDH losing it's identity and more of TDH trying to build a broader one.

Interesting :confused

I have always felt that TDH should be a Bounty Hunters forum and maintain it's focus. Nevertheless, if is to eventually become an any Star Wars costume is cool site, with subsections for each of the different costumes then I can live with that too I suppose. Hey, it's not my board, I just like visiting...

Now, where's my Vader section? :lol:

:lol:lol::lol:lol:
Your'e kidding, right?

man , this forum is really going down the tubes.
I came here for info on Boba, cuz it's "THE DENTED HELMET" forum

not the
"EVERY FRIGGIN STAR WARS COSTUME WE CAN THINK OF" forum

the other costumes have their own forums that do quite well
Stick to what you do best & don't try to be something you're not.

My 2 cents

I'm gonna agree with andy and nathan. As much as the mods of TDH want to expand the site it seems like the site is losing what it is. Why not start another site and board that's branched off of here through banners or such about all the other characters. That way TDH stays about what it is.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back