Official Sign Up for 99centtaco Leather Ammo Belts

Just a quick update........

Took my first look through the box of leather......WOW just WOW. In all my years of working with thin weight calf skin leather I have never gotten any like this! Normally calf skin is very smooth, which is good but the stuff I got in has a light grain on the surface. It is what gives leather its look and feel most of the time you see it. Lets just say that when the run is over, I'm gonna redo my own belt! So for those of you who are on this list, your in for a real treat.

Update: I just got back from Tandys to pic up more supplies for the run of belts. One of the new things I learned recently is that the prices did go way up on alot of things in the store...almost everything. But I want to keep the prices the same as the last run which they will. Owen who is the manager here, always gets the inside info on price changes. I will post a pic of what I'm talking about in a minute and show you what I mean. This means that this might be the last time I do ammo belts at the price I'm currently offering. Theres no way for me to tell what may change and by how much. I can only tell you so far that I just paid $10 more on a quart of dye, $75 more on a box of scrap leather. After looking at my receipt and comparing it to last years, I just spent about $140 more than last time, and theres still a few more things I need. So if you really need a belt just get with me. I will continue to do belts till I'm completey done with the run. Thanks..

Update: I just got back from Tandys to pic up more supplies for the run of belts. One of the new things I learned recently is that the prices did go way up on alot of things in the store...almost everything.

That's a scary thought. I've still got to pick up the leather for the main section of my own belts. Now I'm afraid to go shopping! :facepalm

Hey Eric, If you can't find a piece in your area let me know what ounce your looking for how big you need it. I have been noticing really big pieces in this box. If I got one big enough I just send you one if you need it.

Belts are actually in production already, first 5 or 6 will go out monday, your belt stornshadow was already done but wanted you to get the nicer looking leather as well so I'm redoing another for ya. I'll give pics shortly.

Heres two quick pics of the first batch thats drying. You can see the flaps are two different shades of brown. The light browns are ROTJ's. The other pics are the box covers drying. I also have ROTJ box covers drying as well that are not pictured. The first 5 belts or so will go out monday morning.

belts.jpg

belts2.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back