Dental expander & MQ-1 calculator pad question

A

Appolo_50

did the prop makers working on star wars make everything in an atique shop or what? everything is so old and hard to find the dental expander the calculator the flare gun :) i mean my goodness its like they made them with that stuff to give us a hard time on purpose

Actually, there's some truth to that. There have been a few interviews with Lucas/prop guys/sound guys were they did say something to the effect off "look for something rather rare," or "there is only one of these things left in existence."

By using objects that are far from ordinary or something you'd probably not see on a regular basis, the whole Star Wars universe seems that much more believable as a land far, far away.

So, yep, it really does make it that much more of a challenge for us here. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That and the fact that most of this stuff was made 20 plus years ago in another country doesn't help either...:/

ah... never thought of it that way :)

Hi ! Somebody has a Expansion screw model ,used in the gauntlet, for sale ?? ( original or good recast ) ;)
I´m working in my costume ...

tylerdurden wrote:

That and the fact that most of this stuff was made 20 plus years ago in another country doesn't help either...:/

EXACTLY!

Neither the dental expander or the calculator were old when the suit was assembled. The gun is another story but many of the parts were fairly modern 24 years ago.... When you begin to think about it, that was almost a QUARTER CENTURY ago! No wonder we can't find this stuff anymore!

Last edited:
I have a brand new, real expansion screw on my desk right now, thanks to a friend of mine who let me have it for free!

Keith.

...I hope that you have not killed anybody for that piece
icon6.gif
, cool men ! :cheers
Are you thinking to make a recast ??? ;)

I'll get you some pics of it soon, every time i want to post pics of anything, i have to borrow a camera off someone, as i don't have my own.
Its in mint condition and has a pert number on it, which is:
PAT841139.

Keith.

Brak's Buddy wrote:

Keith wrote:

Its in mint condition and has a pert number on it, which is:
PAT841139.

I hate to be a nerd but if it was number PAT841138 I would just be totally spooked out...

LOL good one :lol: that woulda been to good to be true though hehe

How hard is it to actually find,or how many of us have attained a REAL MQ-1 Casio calculator? While my resin recast is flawless,I'll still always be looking for authentic peices to upgrade :) That's why peices that I know will eventually be replaced on my suit aren't going to be attached as though the jaws of life would have to remove it.Even though there isn't much that will ;)

Steve

As far as I know there are only 3 or 4 known owners of Mq-1's and only a few more with expanders. Most just have the resin copies. I think there are more real Webley owners right now than those that have Mq-1's and expanders. -Mark

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back