Stormrider/FP3 esb rubber knee progress

jackpot76

Active Hunter
I got stormrider's/Fettpride's rubber knees last month but just had time to start on them.. Just wanted to post some of my progress pics. I primed and painted each with metallic spray and then put the masking fluid and a base coat of yellow seen here
photo.jpg

yello.jpg

Let this dry a day and then I misted over with the pumpkin orange plus some grimey black. Once this was dried another day I removed the masking fluid and added some accent around the damaged areas..
kneey.jpg

orange.jpg

This is where I am at now, I just have to add some scratches and add in my dark side knee darts... let me know what you think so far...as for cracking, I noticed NONE so far.. I have bent them flat even. Used Krylon Fusion paints.

Also..if anyone has any helpful hints or suggestions they would be appreciated.. I had trouble finding any good reference photos..the ones I did have which you can see under, the colors were scewed by flash.

I just got some from Darkside..they look pretty nice.. just figuring out how I am going to anchor them in there..and I may need to dremel slightly.. i tried putting them in on the one and scrapped out the paint..still too tight to fit so I will dremel some out..just a hair.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back