my helmet

slimguy379

Jr Hunter
i made this post a while back, http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=28838. i made it out of a trash can but lately, i feel that this is ****. most of your helmets are %100 better. i was wondering what is the difference? what makes mine so different looking? i would like a opinion , DO NOT patronize me. be as brutal as you can. i think in a last resort im gunna re build with card board and then just fiberglass the inside. check it out http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=135344&l=823a5&id=1344595746 please also if anybody has a DECENT helmet for sale, for cheap remember,.... im 16 and that makes mepoor aka a cheap skate. any input is greatly apreciated. thanks again slimguy379

the general shape of the helmet seems pretty good. the earcaps are lacking detail... did you follow the wizard of flight templates or did you just wing it? if you didn't use the templates, give that a shot. if you did use them, make sure you didn't miss anything :)

the paint job has the general idea of the esb helmet, but lacks precision, both in color and damage matching. most folks will spend days copying every little scuff exactly as it appears, and discussions of the perfect medium green have been going on for years!

it also seems like the dent is painted on, rather than sculpted in. and it's missing the triangles on the forehead (the turn signals)

the general shape of the helmet seems pretty good. the earcaps are lacking detail... did you follow the wizard of flight templates or did you just wing it? if you didn't use the templates, give that a shot. if you did use them, make sure you didn't miss anything :)

the paint job has the general idea of the esb helmet, but lacks precision, both in color and damage matching. most folks will spend days copying every little scuff exactly as it appears, and discussions of the perfect medium green have been going on for years!

it also seems like the dent is painted on, rather than sculpted in. and it's missing the triangles on the forehead (the turn signals)

what he said

ok so look at a couple things:
1- paint job, specifically how you weathered your bucket. it look to me that u just kept adding paint which doesn't seemed to have worked for you in this case. try using somthing like mustard were u want the weathered look b4 you paint there are tons of threads for help on this
2- from look alone the vizer(sp?) seems to be larger on the right side (when your wearing it) im sure some careful work with a dremel(sp?) would be able to fix that up perfect
3- your comparing your trashcan and bowl helmet (which i personally thing is genius) to helmets that often cost $150 and up.
OH! and thanks for the great idea of a trashcan bucket

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back