Portugal newbie

joao rocha

New Hunter
edit/
ok, so i understand that this is Star Wars board, focusing on the dented characters, so i understand if you guys dont really
appreciate if i keep coming up with silly questions about other sorts of costumes. So, i wont do that. I just signed to get a bit more into the community i've been following on and off for a few month already ;)
/

Hey!

I'm Joao, a Industrial Design student (currently in the Netherlands) and I've been interested in costumes for a long time, especially masks and helmets.
I've been the kind of guy that looks around for information forever but never builds anything and since my faculty (TU Delft) has such nice facilities i though it was about time to start doing ANYTHING.

I must confess I'm not a huge star wars fan. I liked it a lot as a kid, i still like the whole complexity in the story and depth of characters, but it is just something i find interesting. Now, what really makes me tick is the building aspect of it. Making the props, learning all these techniques for making different kinds of parts and etc seems to be very very exciting.
The whole DIY culture is something i somehow identify with.

I'm especially interested in Vaccumforming (we have that at the faculty too), because it seems an easy start (please correct me if I'm wrong ;) ) and has a lot of possibilities. But other techniques that I'd love to develop in the future would be casting (slush, i suppose) and sculpting.

What first brought me to TDH was actually nothing Fett related, it was an Army of Two mask thread. As i said, i just happen to like masks.

So... if there's any guy in Portugal doing this, i'd love to hear it!
(also from the Netherlands!)

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Ola Joao

Sou portugues tambem e em Portugal existe um grupo com props Star Wars e provavelmente poderiamos trocar ideias.

Abraco

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back