SICK clone helmet/ smaller pics

smaller pics, ...hopefully.

098.JPG

099.JPG

100.JPG

101.JPG

102.JPG

096.JPG

Much better. And it looks pretty sweet. Just a suggestion though - the black tubes along the side, they're too pretty :p Scuff 'em up a bit! Other than that, looks good.

Flashlight. You've got a nice weathered look going, but personally, the flashlight just looks too new. The (many) far more experienced people here could prolly give a lot more help... only other thing I can think of, if you could somehow get rid of the little gaps where the helmet snaps together, might look a little better. Give it a bit, some people with a better grasp on helmet manufacture should pop in sooner or later, give a bit better advice :D

lol @ WalMart ANPEQ-2

Where did you get that 20mm rail, and how did you attach it?

But yea, ugly it up a bit.

And as someone who has had to wear tactical gear, for the most realistic 'weathering', try to think of spots on the helmet that might catch on something, 'grabbing edges', or just repeatedly rub on something, like my (Kevlar) helmet cover was worn on the very top because of how I threw it around when I took it off. Branches, bulkheads...seatbelts. One time I got stuck on a doorknob while clearing a room during a training op, by my camelbak. That was kinda embarrassing.

Last edited by a moderator:
After using some Epoxy to glue the helm together I would take a small amt of bondo or body filler in those cracks, sand a bit and repaint. The damage looks good, but I agree, a bit of scuffing on the ANQ tubes might work well. My K-pot is pretty banged up on the top, along the sides where the edges are, and also on the back where I lay it down. On your helm, I would throw some scuffs on the black rim around the helm, on the front edges on the "ears" and near the bottom of the frown tube areas. Good Idea of the Rogue Clone!!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back