MR Laws AT-AT Helmet WIP

HeadlessHunter

Well-Known Hunter
In my (cough) spare time I have been working on this little beauty, its a Laws AT-AT Pilot kit, so far, as you can see I'm working on the helmet alone as once this is out of the way it will inspire me to finish off the other armour pieces in the kit, the helmet was a b@#$%rd to assemble but what doesn't kill you only makes you more irritable I say :cheers Enjoy, more to follow

Image019_3.jpg

Image043b.JPG

SWEET! :cheers

The AT-AT driver has always been one of my favorites! Right after Boba and Darth Vader of course. :D Snowtroopers, clone troopers, Stormtroopers, TIE pilots, Biker scouts, the list goes on, so why in the world would anyone want to make a rebel costume with all the cool Imperials to choose from? :lol:

Keep us posted on this one, please. :love

BTW, where'd you get an AT-AT bucket?

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! :eek:
This is a really cool lid Joe... where did you get the kit from?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was fortunate enough to get the kit as a whole from a member on the RPF he didn't have time to finish it but the kit included everything except the jumpsuit!! The aerator greeblies are aluminium, I have just test fitted them along with the mohawk, I will put a few more pics up in the next day or so (y)

Edit: Can the mods please move this to the prob building workshop, sorry dont know why I posted this thread here!

Nice work so far bro. Dunno much about AT-AT/TIE buckets but they look very similar. Are there subtle differences besides color?

Actually thats something I've wondered about myself, apart from obvious small details like greeblies I'm not certain of the differences, they are huge helmets though!! :lol:

There are subtle differences with the helmet. I believe hoses come out of the back of it actually. I'd have to ask my friend Clay, he is a TIE Pilot and plans to do the AT-AT also.

Great progress Joe, I know how much of a pain the tie kits are to put together and im sure this is the same, but youve done it proud so far

Nice work so far bro. Dunno much about AT-AT/TIE buckets but they look very similar. Are there subtle differences besides color?

TIE Pilot helmets from ANH were repurposed as AT-AT helmets for ESB. They were repainted and had quite a few greeblies added to them that the TIE helmet lacks.

TIE_Vs_ATAT.jpg

Last edited:
Pulled my finger out a bit and painted up the frown and vocoder details, also took a close up shot of the Aluminium aerator greeblies, enjoy (y)

Image007_3.jpg

Image005_3.jpg

Looking good, this will make a great addition to the collection when its finished, are you just doing the display or going to go for the full costume?

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back