POLL: Greyish Tackle Twill backordered, OTHER ACCEPTABLE COLORS?

LadySewforus

Active Hunter
I had what I thought was the sweet link to a supplier that has "the stuff".
Theee most accepted and sought after (y) "greyish" tackle twill.

I have been told by my supplier that this most wonderful "greyish" is on backorder, and her ETD is about Mid June.

So my question to the great minds here at TDH is....

Are there any other acceptable colors that I can use as an alternate until the "greyish" tackle twill is back in stock?

I have not been sucessful yet in finding an off-white. I have color swatches coming to me soon.

I have purchased a small amount of "white" today, in hopes that white could be weathered and dirtied to be acceptable.

The only other grey I have found is the "eagle grey". I will post a pic below. The "eagle grey" in the picture, is the darker color that is resting on top of the "greyish" tackle twill.

If anyone has any opinions or suggestions on an alternative color, please post.

:cheers

tackletwillcolors.jpg

depends on the suit. i personally think the ESB fett vest was darker than that of ROTJ fett...

This is the biggest problem that I face. Color is subjective. Many people have their idea about what is correct, and it is very hard for me to make a blanket statement about color.

I will receive some of the white soon and offer that as an option. Perhaps white can be dirtied and weathered.

When I can purchase more of the Greyish, I will definitely order more than I originally planned.

Weathering makes a HUGE difference. For instance, we used the same tackle twill for the ESB Bulloch Project that everyone said was ROTJ-only. The pics speak for themselves, but SpideyFett was able to weather with a cream/white paint, to make a perfect ESB look.

Weathering makes a HUGE difference. For instance, we used the same tackle twill for the ESB Bulloch Project that everyone said was ROTJ-only. The pics speak for themselves, but SpideyFett was able to weather with a cream/white paint, to make a perfect ESB look.

That is what I was hoping for. For Jeremy's was it a darker grey, or the lighter grey? Just so I understand, was it more like the Eagle grey in my pic above, or like the Greyish, the lighter color?

What do you think about white? Or off white? I hope to get the color samples soon.

Thanks for your input!

ummm...
My vest was made from the "accepted" color of Tackle twill
wanna check it out in person?

HI Nathan!

My very favorite person, LOL.

I know what the accepted color is, I had some up until about a week ago, but sold out.

My problem is, the "coveted" (y) greyish tackle twill is on backorder. I buy it from the same place that SGB used to buy it.So, I need to find a substitute, if I want to sew any vests and neckseals for the next month or more, I need something in the meantime. My supplier told me she doesn't even know for sure when she will receive it. So I am "back to the drawing board" and trying to find something else that I can use, until then, or in case she does not have it again for a long long time.

But thanks for the reply!

Heya Nathan ??

You do have a lot of knowledge and have been around here longer than I have. If you do find a lead for a supplier, please let me know. I have samples coming to me from Dalco, Stahl, and Twillusa.

I appreciate your help!
:cheers

ummm...
My vest was made from the "accepted" color of Tackle twill
wanna check it out in person?

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back