My resin bucket progress.

Southern hunter

Active Hunter
Hi there fellow Fett-heads. Here are a few pix of my resin slush-cast helmet then, 2-26-2008 and now:

What do ya think? Questions, ideas, input and constructive criticism welcome. :)

Thanks, everyone.:cheers

Unknown-back-web-pic.jpg

unknown-2-web.jpg

unknown-rt-side.jpg

back-3_25_2008-w.jpg

front-3_25_2008-w.jpg

right-3_25_2008-w.jpg

left-3_25_2008-w.jpg

OK, I guess that's not as much progress as I thought it was.

I do have a question about the back of the helmet. If I cut it straight across, the keyslots will be at the very bottom edge of the helmet. How should I try to add more length to the back of the helmet?

back-3_25_2008-w.jpg

Wow. Anybody get the number on that truck?

A strip of styrene taped inside the bottom of the edge, extending beyond the bottom - PC-7 or similar epoxy putty - prepare epoxy and apply to surface of styrene, extending onto edge and partial surface of helmet - let harden. You can sand the area you want the PC-7 to bond with to make it stronger. You can also take a wet finger (wear a vinyl glove if you like) and smooth the epoxy out before it begins to set. That will mean minimal sanding/shaping afterwards.

Thanks Gypsyboy for the suggestions. I wondered if I could I use "For Sale" sign material and bondo instead or is the styrene and PC-7 better suited to this task?

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back