My little project..

chibi fett

Active Hunter
My little project.. Now with few pics.

Well, I've been a member here for some time now, nut have not actually gotten much Fett related done before. Well, aside from getting a crappy Alacarte/rubies helmet, and Rotj rifle I made few years ago.. I have, finally started, or continued my Fettish, and have posted a blog around it, as well as my other projects, past and present.
Much of it is Ghostbusters related, as I have started building proton packs with friends a while ago. But rather than posting my pictures here, click on the link here; http://mywasteoftimeprojects.blogspot.com/
I'll update it as soon as I can get more work done, but this is where it is now, aside a little helmet progress..
Thank you everyone, especially Alan, for your plans are a dream come true.
Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I got some work done today, and the results are on my blog, I do feel that I am making some serious progress. I am a bit astonished though, 40 views, and not a single reply.. Well, I guess time comes for them when it comes..
Cheers, Ville

Got a really great set of armour there! seems a few guys laying down some metal armour recently...
Looks like you have some skills to pull this off?

Keep up the good work Ville...
Any reason your not posting pics here? we like pur-dy pics here? :lol:

Got a really great set of armour there! seems a few guys laying down some metal armour recently...
Looks like you have some skills to pull this off?

Keep up the good work Ville...
Any reason your not posting pics here? we like pur-dy pics here? :lol:

Thanks, Mojo and everyone else too! I feel bad for whining on this small issue, as just after I wrote that, I spotted the bad news on Fettpride... It really, really brought tears to my eyes. Hang on Chris, and God's speed with both of you. Things like these really give perspective on one's small problems.

Actually, I have only dabbled on metal working, but I guess when someone is determined, the smarter one will bend. Here, the metal is bending... I'd work more on this, but I have to keep it slow, as otherwise I'd annoy the neighbors too much.. As for not posting here, you probably noticed that I've been working on something else too, than my Fett. This way it is easier to show everything rather than posting pictures everywhere, and using bandwith too much. But, still, the main reason for not posting the pics here is, that the pics that I've taken are too large for this forum to accept, and I do not know how to resize them.
I will post pics here when I have progressed, and keep the work in progress photos here.

And hey, feel free to steal the idea for the coffee table, as for the table it self, just try to steal it... No, anyway, while I did come up with the idea myself, many others have made the same discovery recently. Just glad to be of help to anyone. Hmm, I think I have some other project that you will like, I'll have to take some pictures for you tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone, for kind words,
looking good :)

but man... armor bite from the cod of that get up would be killer.

I used to to SCA heavy arms fighting and those stop sign armor plates would pinch the poodoo out of you lol. hope on one hits you in the cod... round the corners really good lol

Im just wondering how you did the cod, Ive tried like... 4 times now, and I just cant seem to nail it right. Good to see someone else doing metal armour to :D
Edit: Ah, you did it 2 parts! Im determined to get it down to 1 part xD Oh and I can see your back plate differs from mine, you seem to have a more rigid feel to it, mine feels more... sloppy xD

Im just wondering how you did the cod, Ive tried like... 4 times now, and I just cant seem to nail it right. Good to see someone else doing metal armour to :D
Edit: Ah, you did it 2 parts! Im determined to get it down to 1 part xD Oh and I can see your back plate differs from mine, you seem to have a more rigid feel to it, mine feels more... sloppy xD

Thanks Skjoldhammar, It was mostly your work that encouraged me to try my beat in the metal shaping. As for the Cod, I am only now beginning to make it from two pieces. Originally, it was one piece, I just drew the cod piece front on top of the main piece, as shown here;
IMG_2503.jpg

here you can see the folding a little closer;
IMG_2505.jpg

I hammered the thing repeatedly, and it finally seems to find it's shape. I am, though, going to make another two part version.
Thanks every body, Ill hammer more today, after school, to which I now must part to..
You should get yourself a rubber hammer for beating your sides in. It doesnt dent the metal as much.

Oh and I never thought I would inspire anybody xD
Im currently working on the knees, but Im having some minor problems getting them nice, smooth and rounded. They just seem to flimsy.

I got little further today. This is my butt piece from the rear view;
IMG_2544.jpg

There are few more pics in my blog, I'll try to get them resized from now on as I take them, so I can get them in here too. Oh, the material I use is about 0.5-0.8mm metal sheet that I got for free. I have some thinner sheets, which I will use on the gauntlets shoulders and the knees when their time comes.
The rubber hammer sounds great Skjoldhammar, do you mean the hard plastic ended, or somewhat softer rubber ones?
The hard plastic ended one. Buy them from almost any hardware store.

Oh and if you ever suceed in makin yourself a pair of gauntlets from metal... Make a pair for me too would ya? xD

Yeah, the hard ones are readily available. I'll get one tomorrow. I found out that repeated light taps produce same result as one heavy blow. Just guess which has more control... For my butt plate, I tapped it lightly, and it folded like a dream...
I'll see about those gauntlets... It really should not be impossible, as Alan's plans are excellent... Work, a lot of work, yes, but not impossible... Well, this really is academic, as I will most likely ruin the pieces I have when I begin welding... It is really long time since I've done any metal work, over fifteen years...
But still, I fear that my progress will halt for the moment, I have electronics test next monday, and I fear I am not prepared in any way.. I will have to hit the books for now, really. But still, there should be time for few dents, though..
Hah, many light taps do work, but it still makes a little dent, unlike the plastic hammers.

Electronics ait? I just ruined my hand doing some led wiring into a box -_^

Got a little denting done yesterday, mainly just to vent out some steam. I had electrics and math tests today and yesterday, and I managed to pull both through. This meant that I was exhausted (I haven't used my brains this much in years...), and did not get any work done today, except updating my blog. I bent the cod piece ant the but piece together, thanks Skjoldhammar for the tip on the rubber hammer, it worked beautifully indeed. I'll do more work tomorrow, as well as post some new pics in here too.. What I got done yesterday can be seen at my blog. Bear with me..
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back