Boba armor differences

Predominately the colour scheme.. but there are quite e few greebles here and there that are different too... Too many to answer in this post. :lol:
As Jluck suggests try the search function and all will be explained... ;)

A lot of things are different. Jet Pack, gauntlets, cape and especially color, scratches & battle damage. Generally speaking, ESB gauntlets, jet pack and body armor are the same basic bluish green color. On Pre-Production suits, the right gautlet is a reddish brown, the left is a dark yellow. On ROTJ, both gauntlets are red. The construction of the left gauntlet details are different on each version as well.

The shape of the body armor is basically the same throughout all three versions with some differences in the location and size of the dents, dings and scratches.

I would suggest searching for threads here on the differences. Also you may want to buy one of Brak's Boba Fett reference cds. It's money well spent. :)

If you want a basic Boba Fett costume that is easily recognizable for a Halloween party or something like that, all the details may not matter that much to you. If you want to get into the 501st Legion, then it matters more.

The best advice I was given was to choose a version YOU like and then learn about that one and build that version. After all, you are the one it matters to most.

Good luck, post pix and keep on trying. (y)

A lot of things are different. Jet Pack, gauntlets, cape and especially color, scratches & battle damage. Generally speaking, ESB gauntlets, jet pack and body armor are the same basic bluish green color. On Pre-Production suits, the right gauntlet is a reddish brown, the left is a dark yellow. On ROTJ, both gauntlets are red. The construction of the left gauntlet details are different on each version as well.

The shape of the body armor is basically the same throughout all three versions with some differences in the location and size of the dents, dings and scratches.

I would suggest searching for threads here on the differences. Also you may want to buy one of Brak's Boba Fett reference Cd's. It's money well spent. :)

If you want a basic Boba Fett costume that is easily recognizable for a Halloween party or something like that, all the details may not matter that much to you. If you want to get into the 501st Legion, then it matters more.

The best advice I was given was to choose a version YOU like and then learn about that one and build that version. After all, you are the one it matters to most.

Good luck, post pix and keep on trying. (y)

Could not have said it better!
Choose your style of Fett and research the details?

do a side by side comparison, you will for sure notice the color scheme is different, Gaunltets, Ammo belt have changed. don't know if Boba for sure goes "commando" but he'll have some explaining to do with that G string/Thong on the outside of his flightsuit????

Last edited by a moderator:
do a side by side comparison, you will for sure notice the color scheme is different, Gaunltets, Ammo belt have changed. don't know if Boba for sure goes "commando" but he'll have some explaining to do with that G string on the outside of his flightsuit????

Ahh yes, the "Boba thong". ;) I think it's unique to the ESB version. As far as going commando or wearing whitey tighties, he could be a knit boxer or boxer brief guy or he may be even more fashion-forward than that. :)

Maybe we'll learn the details on a future "Behind the scenes" DVD from George Lucas. :lol:

Ahh yes, the "Boba thong". ;) I think it's unique to the ESB version. As far as going commando or wearing whitey tighties, he could be a knit boxer or boxer brief guy or he may be even more fashion-forward than that. :)

Maybe we'll learn the details on a future "Behind the scenes" DVD from George Lucas. :lol:

nope... rotj boba was sporting the thong too...

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back