Helmet Repair

Mycher

New Hunter
Hi guys, just a quick question on helmet repair. I just got my Sgt. Fang today and Mr. Mailman did quite a number on it. There are multiple cracks, one in the right mandible, the back by the slots and another near the dent. The box looked like they punted it to my house so I was not happy to say the least. I am sure I can fix it by using fiber glass on the inside and then a filler but I need to just close up the cracks untill then. Would some thing like crazy glue work with out a bad reaction to the resin used to make the helmet or would any of you suggest some thing else?

Hey there, welcome to the world of TDH! Sorry to hear about your helmet! Superglue shouldn't cause any problems with your helmet. But hopefully someone can tell you more definitively. Best of luck to you.

Phil

Superglue will definitely hold resin. You will need to reinforce it somehow on the inside.

May be more hassle than its worth, but have you considered PMing Sarge to see if there was insurance on the package?

I used SuperGlue on the outside, and reinforced the fracture with JB Weld on the inside. (Then I got smart and had the entire inside fiber-glassed.)

Thanks for the feedback guys, I am going to start the repairs this weekend. The helmet isn't destroyed, it is still in one piece so I think of it as just one extra step in the build and I'll probably get more satisfaction out of it.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back