Thinking of doing a run of my jet pack kits

Bradleyfett

Active Hunter
Thinking of doing a run of my jetpack kits

Now that I've found all my molds, I'm thinking of doing a short run of my jet pack kits (maybe 3 or 4). I need to get at least two people to buy one to replace two molds that are pretty much shot- the thruster parts.

The cost would be $320 plus shipping. You can see some picture of what it looks like finished as well as a little of how it assembles here:

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/mommydawn2000/album/576460762347927793

This is the same jet pack I did for the Disney Jango and Boba costumes. The kit would include everything down to the becons, etc.

At this point, I would be looking at a turn-around time of less than a month depending on how many folks want one.

If anyone is interested, let me know via PM!

Mark

WOW... Mark,

The thrusters look cool with the added detail inside.

Your old site was one of the reasons i wanted a fett suit... i printed all the info from your site and i still have them in a binder :cheers .

right now i'm not sure if i want your set or a fiberglass one..:facepalm or construct one from scratch.

How does your set compare size wise?

:confused :confused :confused

i'll let you know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you mean the size of the jet pack? Here's some dims on mine:

Body width:
16"

Body height without rocket:
14"

Overall height: 29"

Overall width:
21.5"

I don't know the size of the others out there.

Mark

I am thinking about getting one of these, since I have seen it up close and in person, been going to Star Wars weekends since 05. Ill have a definate answer on thursday, when my paycheck comes in. I am guessing the shipping is different to different parts of the counrty???

I am thinking about getting one of these, since I have seen it up close and in person, been going to Star Wars weekends since 05. Ill have a definate answer on thursday, when my paycheck comes in. I am guessing the shipping is different to different parts of the counrty???

The shipping is different depending on which zipcode its going too. I have been telling people its a flat $20 though- I'll eat a little on some but not on others.

Mark

Looks like I've got two interested people- I'd like to get just one more for this run for a total of three. After this run is done, I'll do another 3 in a few months.

Mark

I've had one of Mark's jet packs for several years (I got in on his first run of this Version 2 pack) and I love it!

This was the first kit the I bought! It is the base for my stubby jet pack. I love mine.

i'm working on one of these packs right now. i've got the body put together, primed and silver. the rocket is primed and silver. thrusters haven't been started yet.

overall, it's a nice clean kit that's pretty easy to work with ('cept when you're dumb and over-cut something, then have to rebuild it with scraps of plastic and bondo. but that's my fault, not the kit)

i've got a ruffkintoys fiberglass pack now. this is smaller (about 1.5 inches narrower, and maybe that much shorter too), and much lighter. i can lift the main body of the pack easily with one finger :)

for me, weight is the biggest thing on the pack, since even a couple of pounds gets less than fun after a few hours.

wow, thats nice, I'm not doing my fett again at this time but I'd think about this one now and just have it around. I would like to start again but won't know until mid summer.

Anyone know the status of this run I already Paid just wondering where he is at with them.:jet pack

I was just pming him a couple of days ago, he is really busy right now with his wife in the hospital. I have one on order too, but his wife is more important.

Just surprised that he doesn't return messages when you ask him the status. My experience with other runs is good communication, and updates makes for good experience in the past. I had also asked him if he was so busy, he could refund me the money, so I could purchase someone elses and still no reply. It has been going on almost 2 months since the payment has been sent so just curious.:jet pack

Mark will always come through. My first JP was from MB some five years ago. Orders can take up to a few months to arrive but they WILL arrive. Just keep in mind it does take time to make each pack, and then he has to make a lot of packs in his free time (which is not often).

In short, there is nothing to worry about.

Good to know, I hate to get anxious just when there is alot of money just sitting out there. I just like to hear from other builders. Since I am r2 builder it is just a different process speed and different people. I am excited so hence my inquiry. Thanks for your input.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back