First attempt at a ESB Boba Fett helmet

godaking

Hunter
Hi everyone :D

I'm pretty new to Boba Fett costuming. Just wanted to show off some pics of my friends helmet I'm working on just to see if I'm on the right track. So far, I've spent 1 1/2 weeks off and on on this.

I plan on using what tricks I've learned with his on my helmet (as soon as I get it in the mail). Scratches aren't accurate, but I've been trying to copy the Steve the Swede tuturial (which is hella difficult).

I did a ANH Stormtrooper, but Boba's helluva lot more work...

Check 'em out:

Here's how the helmet looked when we got it.

bob3.gif

bob2.gif

Here's how they looked back on Thursday
bob1.gif
bobafett1.gif

Here's how it looks right now
bo1.gif

Still a LONG way to go, but hopefully I'm on the right track.

-Joe

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone! I can't wait to work on my own bucket. I'm not too sure which type this helmet is, but my friend bought it from Ebay.

Oh yeah, here's another angle from it:

bo2.gif

-Joe

Looks great! What do you plan to do with this helmet when you are finish painting it? Also, it's one of the many recasted Mystery Helmets.

Looks great! What do you plan to do with this helmet when you are finish painting it?

Gonna give it back to my friend. :lol:

My helmet is coming in the mail soon. I got it off Ebay and was advertised as proportions closer to the ESB style of helmet. Hopefully he's right.

Also, just wondering: has anyone ever tried using toothpast to mask silver areas on the helmet? I plan on using silver as a base and then using toothpaste to mask the areas.

Thanks for the kind comments everyone.

-Joe

No personal experience with tooth paste as a masking fluid, but I have read about people using mustard. You may want to try both and post your results with some pix. Good work on that bucket, btw. 8) What kind of paints are you using?

No personal experience with tooth paste as a masking fluid, but I have read about people using mustard. You may want to try both and post your results with some pix. Good work on that bucket, btw. 8) What kind of paints are you using?

I ended up applying some to a test piece of plastic today at work. Just now sprayed it with some rustoleum leafy green, applied some blue pastel and satin clear coat.

Got a little impatient and scratched some off (shoulda waited a bit, but hey, it's a practice sheet):facepalm . I'll be back with pics and a verdict as soon as this thing dries good.

On the bucket I worked on, I used the aforementioned spray paint, pastels, clear coat, etc. I wet sanded it a bit then added acrylic silver for the scratches, some grayish black I mixed for the cheeks then some dark reddish mix I made for the mandibles. It looks pretty good, but I want something authenticly scratched looking.

Thanks for the comments, too. :D

-Joe

WoW, Nice helmet! I love it.

:( BTW I am jealous of your GUndam collection, and your Zeta.... I can't find it anywhere :( Nice job!

Try Hobbylink Japan for Gundam (hlj.com) - they usually get in all the fixation and bandai stuff along with the kits. Awesome service and packaging too.

Try Hobbylink Japan for Gundam (hlj.com) - they usually get in all the fixation and bandai stuff along with the kits. Awesome service and packaging too.

I've never tried HLJ before, but I hear they have a wait (do they?). I usually get mine at this local weekly Toy/Hobby show in my area (called Frank and sons).

As far as my other collections go, I'm mostly into Vintage 70s-80s Japanese robots (Godaikins, Shogun Warriors, Chogokins, etc), Newer & vintage Macross/Robotech toys/models, G1 Transformers, Marvel Legends, Gundam models/toys and, of course, Star Wars figures/vehicles.

-Joe

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back