Hidden straps on knee armor

leester01

New Hunter
Has anyone cut tiny slits in their jumpsuit to conceal the elastic straps on the back of the knee armor peices that hold them to your knee caps?I'm just starting my Fett build up so I've been looking at pictures.I've seen so many awsome Fetts on here but the elastic knee armor straps are always eyesoarers to me. IMO I think the elastic straps make the knee armor look cheap and phony looking.
Maybe another alternative for the active THD prop makers is to make a resin,fiberglass,or plastic rear cover peice that's paintable.I realize you won't be able to fully bend your knee with a peice like this but it might be worth the sacrafice.
Please leave your input on what you think.I'm a newbee so if you feel these are bad ideas criticism is welcome as long as you explain why.
Other possble alternatives are welcome as well:cheers

Well to keep the costume canon, the straps are shown on Boba Fett. They are not shown on Jango Fett though, I'm not sure how they are attached, but someone on these boards will know!

I was told that on jangos suit the straps for the thighs, shins, and knees are all run through the inside of the jumpsuit, so it still pulls tight but leaves the back of the suit the same.Seems pretty simple to do.Although I would sew button hole to prevent fraying or cut the slits, and put some super glue around the edges.

I wonder how in the world they were able to fasten the straps on Jango's leg armor on the inside of the jumpsuit???I guess maybe they'd start fastening those straps and armor before pulling the jumpsuit up as they fasten the armor up your legs. Sounds terribly inconvenient but I'm sure it has to look better than having exposed straps showing.

i would say it was a strapseperate from the armour peice, run through the back of the leg, with a peice of velcro (or somekind of fastener) on each end which you could then just pop onto the armour peice

make any sense?

-Wulf

like others have said, the straps belong there if you want a screen accurate suit. if you are just looking for something that looks good, you can do whatever makes you happy :)

I wonder how in the world they were able to fasten the straps on Jango's leg armor on the inside of the jumpsuit???I guess maybe they'd start fastening those straps and armor before pulling the jumpsuit up as they fasten the armor up your legs. Sounds terribly inconvenient but I'm sure it has to look better than having exposed straps showing.

I do this. Put a slit in the jumpsuit, put the jumpsuit on, run the strap through the slit and around your leg, and then secure it to the armor (I use snaps to do this.)

I went to Barnes and Noble today and found this Star Wars Visual Dictionary book
swvisualdictionarypb5.jpg

Inside has great large photos of every part of the Jango suit.If you flip through the pages the the Jango section you can clearly see the slit in the jumpsuit with a black strap running through the inside.Pretty damn cool book with great photos

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back