ROTJ Left Gauntlet LED (possible find)

Buckeye 01

Active Hunter
So here is the story. I am in Athens, Georgia this week doing what I do. I am rebuilding 3 old power supplies we built in the early to mid 80's. I happen to look up in the logic section and notice 3 strange looking red led's. Upon closer inspection, they bear a striking resemblance to the LED seen in the MOM phots on the ref CD. I can't get a really good look at MOM lamp, but from what I can see, it is dead nuts on. This lamp is actually incandescent, and not an LED. It's an odd little thing to say the least. The wires are not soldered to it, instead they plug in. The bezel is actually black, and not chrome. It also has a spring clamp to hold it in place, and it is a 28VDC lamp. I have 9 of the red ones in my tool bag now, and can get up to 12 more clear ones. Have a look and tell me what you think. I may be barking up the wrong tree here, but its worth a shot.

img86068.jpg

::Edit::

I am going to sell the small quantity that I have if anyone is interested. As mentioned in the post below, I have 12 as of right now. $10 shipped in the US, and $12 shipped world wide. I won't be able to ship them until Aug. 3rd, or 4th, as I won't be home until then. Paypal only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm. . . hard to tell from pics.
I would be glad to do an in-person exhaustive examination.
I'll even pay the cost of shipping if you'd like to slip one into a small padded envelope.

No, no! Don't thank me. . . it's just the kind of dedicated Fett researcher I am. :)

Seriously. If you're looking to offload any of them I'd be interested in one.
Eric

Thanks for the reply SJ. PM me your address, and I will send you one on a long term (permanent) lease. I thought others may have been interested, but it looks as if I was mistaken. Oh well.

I wasn't going to sell these until someone could confirm or deny how authentic these are, but I have had many PM's regarding folks purchasing one. I have looked, and studied many shots from the ref CD, and I think these are the lights used on the ROTJ gauntlets. With that said, I will go ahead and sell the lights that I have. They will be $10 shipped in the USA, and $12 shipped worldwide. I have a total of 12 that I will be selling. Please PM me if you are interested in one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ripcode said:
If you clean the black off, is it chrome underneath?

Nope. All black. It looks like it may be chrome in that pic, but these were used in heavy industrial power supplies, so it may be some crap accumulated there. As far as I can tell, the body is all metal.

how would one hook it up ? 9v battery? I am not really good with the Idea of wiring so... wiring up my helmet fan was a learning experience.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back