FETTPRIDE vs BOBAMAKER

DarthMiller

Well-Known Hunter
I want to know if anyone has had the chance to compare FETTPRIDE armor to BOBAMAKER. The Fettpride armor is very thick and is the best I have ever seen. Can anyone tell me if the Bobamaker armor is as thick and sturdy as the Fettpride??

Last edited by a moderator:
both are incredible feets of craftsmanship so there is no question, in terms of accuracy, you can't go wrong with either. In terms of durability, bobamaker is just as sturdy in craftsmanship as Fettprides'.

I would say the limiting factor is obtaining any of them. Its been awhile since Fettpride has done a run and a long while before he did that one. Bobamaker is working on his jet pack, so my suggestion is get either when you can. You can't go wrong either way.

Got Maul said:
both are incredible feets of craftsmanship so there is no question, in terms of accuracy, you can't go wrong with either. In terms of durability, bobamaker is just as sturdy in craftsmanship as Fettprides'.

I would say the limiting factor is obtaining any of them. Its been awhile since Fettpride has done a run and a long while before he did that one. Bobamaker is working on his jet pack, so my suggestion is get either when you can. You can't go wrong either way.

I second that!!!

PM them and see what kind of fiberglass they are using :lol:

either way. both are going to be in line with the best stuff out there.
anyone that owns either set on here can vouch that their set is sturdy and accurate, so go with whoever can get you a set first.

-=QuinN

Im actually in the process of make a ESB set, if they come out well im gonna make a mold and do some vac pulls.

Ive never owned a BM set but my old FP set was awesome. Hard to come by these days since FP hasnt done any runs but im sure both are top notch.

I own both, though my FP is still on the way, so I can't make a direct comparison. I can however tell you without equivocation that BM armor is so strong and sturdy, it actually >is< armor. It is very thick fiberglass. It's solid and tough and will take a lot of punishment. Exquisite craftmanship. FP armor is the compressed sintra, like the screen used costume, so I imagine it is quite tough, though maybe not as tough as the BM fiberglass. I dunno, but I will find out soon.

Jason, my personal set (right now ;)) is BM. But I've handled/worked on a couple of sets of FP's stuff.
The biggest difference is in materials. BM's is fiberglass. Very well made, smooth, looks great. . . but due to its "fiberglassy-ness" it's much heavier than the FP armor.
FP's vac-formed armor is, again, extremely smooth and well-crafted, and is much lighter than the BM stuff.
So, they're both excellent quality, but I think it just comes down to what you prefer; fiberglass or vac-form.

Never pegged you for a necro kinda guy, Eric. :)

Jason, my personal set (right now ;)) is BM. But I've handled/worked on a couple of sets of FP's stuff.
The biggest difference is in materials. BM's is fiberglass. Very well made, smooth, looks great. . . but due to its "fiberglassy-ness" it's much heavier than the FP armor.
FP's vac-formed armor is, again, extremely smooth and well-crafted, and is much lighter than the BM stuff.
So, they're both excellent quality, but I think it just comes down to what you prefer; fiberglass or vac-form.

Well with FP coming back into production, I'm sure lots of people are interested in a comparison between armourers. However, I think what's been said in this thread has been said all ready, haha.

Hay, gotta give people slack. If someone asks a question in their own thread they get 'Use the search function newb!'

When they use the search function and then follow up they get 'What are you digging up old threads for'.

My .02 if we dont want people digging up old threads, lock em:)

I'm sure that FP is great stuff but as the proud owner of a Bobamaker Jango helmet I can say that the quality is amazing!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back