Eva foam

lunchsack86

New Hunter
i talked my wife into doing star wars for comic con and what not next year, and im going to be making the boba fett armor. this is my first big costume task and was going to be making it all out of eva foam. i downloaded the armor templt off a different thread last night, and i downloaded the pdo of the helmet as well. what im asking in short is, is there a tutorial on makeing the helemt out of foam, or has anyone done it that can give me a few pointers with transposing the pdo file to foam. also its 4am and my typeing skills are terrible, please excuse my large amount of errors

I am interested in this also; I have been working on a helmet using cardboard but I have a ton of foam and I was thinking of using that tool. I am just not sure.

Styrene would probably be your best bet for making the armor. It will fold fairly easily with the use of a heat gun, and will take bondo and all types of paint very well. Its also thinner than the EVA foam mats, and doesn't have a textured side.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back