Fiberglass Knee Armor

Gator Fett

Well-Known Hunter
I am looking to upgrade my current vac'ed / resin RA knees, to fiberglass knees with my aluminum rusrep darts. I tried a couple searches, and as best as I could tell, there were only a few makers of FG knees. FP and BM for Boba knees, and JD for Jango knees. I could not tell if the FP knees were ever produced for sale, or just part of his own suit?

Are there any other makers of FG knees? Please post a review of your fiberglass knees if you have a pair.

Thanks,
Gator :cheers

Drop BM a line and you'll have a pair of BM knees shipped to you in no time. I got a pair of him a long time ago and i'm extremly satisfied with them.

Thanks for the replies guys. I know BM does great work, but I wanted to consider any other available options. I also wanted to get some feedback on the accuracy of each of the FG knees. FP is usually the accuracy standard, but other makers have come along way in the last few years. And with the WOL templates available, great things are now possible. :)

Ripcode ... I just received my TK kit, so I am a looking a few months out to start on new knee armor. When you get your knees, please share your opinion with the class.

Gator

Gator Fett said:
Thanks for the replies guys. I know BM does great work, but I wanted to consider any other available options. I also wanted to get some feedback on the accuracy of each of the FG knees. FP is usually the accuracy standard, but other makers have come along way in the last few years. And with the WOL templates available, great things are now possible. :)

Ripcode ... I just received my TK kit, so I am a looking a few months out to start on new knee armor. When you get your knees, please share your opinion with the class.

Gator

Gator my knee armor from Bobamaker came in. (y)

I'll get pics up soon!

Here is the Bobamaker knee armor. They look great and feel strong and light. The RussRep knee darts are going to work great with these!

armor2.jpg

Thanks for the update Ripcode. (y)

Could you bring the knees and darts to the Prop Party? I would love to get a closer look at the knees and how the darts would connect to the mounting blocks.

Thanks again.
Gator

If you're satisfied with the accuracy of your RA knees, why not just fiberglass the inside? They sell fg. stuff at PepBoys. I did this to my RA backplate and it turned out great! I layered on 3-4 coats and it is rock solid. Just be sure to really sand the interior with some heavy grit sandpaper...100-150 at the finest.

Steve

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back