Is making cardboard armor worth my time?

GoGators

Jr Hunter
I watched this video on you tube and suddenly REALLY want to make a set of cardboard mando armor. I do not have to $$$ to get myself a real pair of armor but am determined to do my best!I really want to get one of the helmets from one of you guys but am in a financial crisis right now (Who isn't). So I guess what I am saying is that i really want some mando armor but am on a budget. Any ideas would be great. Thanks in advance!

If you think I should go with the cardboard idea I really could use a template to work off of. Ummmm...... the only word that comes to my head it stencil, but that is now what it is called. I just want a picture that I can print and use to design the armor!

i was in the same boat i was gonna buy a 2000 dollar jango kit but i kept seeing these trash can armor post so i gave it a shot so far its easy and im in it for 17 bucks right now and for your paper to design your armor i made a print page to do armor concepts ill see if i can get it up on my page but if your looking for armor templates to make your full size suit then look for i believe its wizard of flight where i got mine very helpful

yeah i agree with sarge if ya want little pay with ok quality go for trash can armor its quite easy and honestly if your anything like me or have friend like i do you will have tons of trash cans just sitting around collecting dust so why not make them into an armor i know im doing mine from em,and the templates you can find at WOF like sarge said just depends if your doing boba or jango style the collar piece is a bit different and ofcoarse the shins,thigh and boot armor is on jango but not on boba

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f25/wizardofflight-others-boba-fett-armor-templates-23196/

That and 20-40 bucks for a sheet of sintra aka foam PVC and you will be totally happy. If you go cardboard it will be cheap to free at first, but you'll have to glass it, which in price, time and frustration will be much more than buying a sheet of sintra. On the helmet, use cardstock then glass or even "for sale" signs. The yard sale ones and political ones should be in abundance on the side of the road knocked down and left for litter. Make your bucket (gaunts too) and do something great for your planet!

Thanks for the great ideas guys!
Also thanks to you all for the GREAT blueprints! As far as the helmet goes I was going to do pepikura!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back