Pepakura or Plastic? What's the best way to build armor?

KingDredd92

New Hunter
Hello,

I guess you can consider me still a greenhorn on the matter. I am in the process of building my first Boba costume, ROTJ. Being that this Boba building is still rather new to me I'm debating on how to make the armor pieces. So far I've started with some pepakura files for the chest armor and shoulder bells. However I've been looking around and have been seeing all the other ways people are making the armor (that garbage can one looks very cool).

The pepakura files I've used so far are from Fierfek who does great stuff but as a few people have said aren't the most accurate.

I'm in no rush to do these but would like to try and start soon. So my question is what seems to be the best, or most accurate, way to do the armor pieces? I feel like pepakura would be more durable but more bulky while the plastic would be easier and lighter but a bit more fragile. (I don't intend to do stunts or anything but would like to have a sturdy set of armor :)).

I saw the Sintra thread and don't think I'd be able to get any around me.

Thanks.

You can heat up and reshape Sintra using a heat gun. If you look in the Trash Can Armor thread, you'll find which brands and kinds of trash bins are either be made of Sintra or a similar thermoplastic (reacts to heat). Even if the garbage can you're using doesn't fit you, the armor parts can be recurved so that the curvature does fit you.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back