Mand'alor the Indomitable W.I.P.

Well, this has been a secret project I've been working on. I was going to keep it a complete secret until I showed up at an event in it but, I decided after doing the first suit up today that I would show it now.
So, here it is...
IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

So, there it is to date. I still have alot of work to get it to the point where I want it. There are so many variances in his appearance in the comic artwork and then the action figure brings some new looks as well. Basically, I used the figure as the primary inspiration for it while trying to incorporate some of the comic art as well.
Some of the work I have planned to hopefully complete to the standard I want are:
1. New balaclava. The one I have now is too small as can be seen in the side pix. Also, I want the type with the built in dickie.
2. The shoulder armor elastic bands don't work out at all like I'd hoped they would. I plan to replace them with belts.
3. The cape needs to be trimmed some and I need to work out an anchoring system for it. It needs to flow better out of the bottom of the pauldron and not stiffen and bunch up so bad.
4. I need to even out the hip pads
5. I'll probably make the leg wraps go higher up the lower leg and add another strap to the thighs.
6. The belt and loin cloth need to go up level with or slightly over the midline of the flightsuit.
7. The straps on the gauntlets will be trimmed before I wear this to an event as well.
Let me know what everyone thinks.

been working on this one for awhile, getting it ready for sdcc. i made some changes at this, the second, fitting from the first.
i repositioned the pauldron
added belt straps to the shoulder/arm pauldrons
added more leg straps
raised the belts
built new gauntlets
new balaclava
fixed cape
this should have it ready for sdcc!
IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back