New Bucket!

WannaBeBoba

Active Hunter
After I finished my Fett bucket, I looked at the one I was using for my Scout, Rubies, and determined it was time for an upgrade! :) Well, I want to present to you, my MLC Scout painted and weathered by yours truely!

scout01yt7.jpg

^ Front/Head On

scout02jk6.jpg

^ Looking Left

scout03tf9.jpg

^ Back view

scout04uz0.jpg

^Looking Right

That's a good-lookin' bucket!

You may want to soften the edges of the weathering, as it still looks like it was painted on with fingers.

never_risk_the_fett_man -

You seriously don't want the old helmet. It is seriously cracking and the warping a bit. I wouldn't feel right selling it or even giving it away. I don't want anyone to inherit the problems I had. :( I'm sorry.

Batninja... thanks for the advice, I'll see what I can do to soften them up a bit. :)

What works best is to dab arcrylic paint on pretty heavy with a brush, and then take a damp or dry paper towel or rag and wipe the paint, removing most of it. If you have something that water would be running down, wipe top to bottom. If you want the windswept look like your biker scout, wipe front to back. You end up removing most of the paint you initially dab on, but as you build up the layers of doing this process of dabbing and wiping off a few times, the results are quite realistic looking.;) This is how I weathered my custom mando, and my pack and helmet turned out awesome.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back