Making a New Boba Fett Armor

cucblack

New Hunter
Hi Guys,

I'm making a new complete Boba Fett armor. I'm improvement and change size, shape, form, details, etc. of my recently armor.

For reference I'm using pictures from the movie and the SW exhibition found in TDH.

I will post pics with the advance. Any comments or help WELCOME!!!

Christian.

Chest & Collar Armor

attachment.php

Shoulders Armor

attachment.php

bf shoulders.jpg

bf chest.jpg

It looks good so far! But...
I know you used Alan's amazing templates, but his armor parts has rough forms to allow tweaking and cutting. All the corners should be rounded and some cuts can be made to achieve a more accurate look:

bf%20chest.jpg Boba-Fett-Promotional-Armor-2-06.png

I think you could bend more the shoulder bell because it looks too flat.

Hi,

Sorry my ignorance, but I don't know Alan and his templates. This picture looks good.
I have my own templates based in the movie pics and some pics from the SW exhibition.
These armors are not ready. Once time it will be finished; I'll rounded the corners and I'll give the used style.

For the shoulder shape, I used this pic reference:

attachment.php

Thanks for your help and comments!!!

It looks good so far! But...
I know you used Alan's amazing templates, but his armor parts has rough forms to allow tweaking and cutting. All the corners should be rounded and some cuts can be made to achieve a more accurate look:

View attachment 57177 View attachment 57178

I think you could bend more the shoulder bell because it looks too flat.

bf shoulders.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Sorry my ignorance, but I don't know Alan and his templates.

Thanks for your help and comments!!!

Alan is wizardofflight (or WOF) but I checked out (my mistake) and these templates are not based on his work (not that would be a bad thing). If I may suggest, you can use the new reference images of the ESB promo suit from the Blu-Ray extra, wich has all sides covered with good details ==> ESB Promotional Armor From Blu-Ray Extra

And here is an image which shows the shoulder bell's curvature and the attachment method:

Boba-Fett-Costume-MoM-121601A-099.jpg

Keep up the good work!

Not that I'm an expert but it look good, but as you say are not finish.
I have a complete set him and the finished paint job, and these look good

Nice work there Cucblack!

I'm currently building some new supertrooper armor smooth and clean of all dents. Private use only!

I read your going for a fiberglass armor...I'm using an epoxy fiberglass for my set.

Here's a general question for everyone...

"What is the preferred material for Boba armor"??

Styrene..fiberglass??

Christian

I'm currently building some new supertrooper armor smooth and clean of all dents. Private use only!

I read your going for a fiberglass armor...I'm using an epoxy fiberglass for my set.

Styrene..fiberglass??

Christian

I have a fiberglass helmet and I really like the feel of it. They say ABS is more flexible though... maybe for the armor parts it needs to be a bit more accomodating. I think Bobamaker makes his armor out of fiberglass. Maybe someone with BM armor can answer better.

Styrene..fiberglass??

Christian

Thanks!!!

Personally I prefer fiberglass: Looks great, you can make a lot of modifications with this material and the finish is excellent. The Bad thing: it is a little uncomfortable and rigid.
Actually I'm using different materials for reducing the weight and increase the elasticity considerably.

I think for statics exhibitions, the best way is fiberglass or similar. For wear the armor a lot of hours: Plastic.

PS: Sorry my English!!!

Hi guys. I was away for a while.
I want to show some of my new pieces and the building process.
Any comments welcome!!!

Proyectos_Boba_Fett_288ce2e349fc23498b6b.jpg
Proyectos_Boba_Fett_288ce2e349fc23498b6b_2.jpg
Proyectos_Boba_Fett_288ce2e349fc23498b6b_3.jpg
Proyectos_Boba_Fett_288ce2e349fc23498b6b_4.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back