jetpack stabilizing gyro

RobaFett

Hunter
Gday everyone,
Being new to prop making this is the best site I have seen for Star Wars Boba Fett Costume help, I would like to thank everyone for their info, job well done I am currently doing the Jetpack out of cardboard, putty, heat glue and contact cement, and anything I can find around the place e.g. poster tubes, bathroom drain cover, bit of a lightsaber and my favourite a bit of a Vegimite lid for the ozzie touch, but my problem is how to and what to make the stabilizing gyro out of, and any other parts for the jetpack I can get at a hardware store, other then that it is turning out great just slow process, just got to organize pics to go on the site, trying to get adapted to a new computer.
cheers

Hey mate welcome ,

First of Im in AUS to and I used to use alot of hot glue it works great,BUT If you ever get it out in the sun on a hot day it will heat up and may cause the peices seperate I lost a helmet which I was molding so I lost a whole lot of sillicon to ,,
Just saying if you can try to use an epoxy glue like arildite ,,
Oh and the stabilizing gyro (that isnt the beckon right use a scalpel handle from a 2 dollar shop the round handel one (if you know what i mean)

howdy,
I am in Northern Territory out of Darwin in the rural counrty areas, my place gets pretty as I still no insulation on the roof yet, but every thing is holding out so far, cheers for the advice and the welcome Jinto, I was thinking of using epoxy, and for the safe bet I will, dont want to ruin the effort put in,the saclpel is a good idea,I will go into town to get one, but I am talking about the one on the left side, the only close thing i can think of is a stainless steel shot glass or something close, any way gotta keep on going.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back