Don Post '95 Alterations?

UMD S4L

Active Hunter
Hey everyone,

I've been working on my Boba Fett on and off for a while now and my current plan is to start off with cheaper parts but build them up as I learn to cast my own stuff.

Anyway, I just got in a white interior 1995 Don Post Boba bucket and I'm really looking forward to tearing into it and making it look good. My question is, what are some general steps you all have taken to enhance your DP bucket? Obviously paint it for starters, but what is the best approach? So far I've been spray painting everything but I've heard there are some issues with tackiness so should I invest in a air brush? What about the range finder? Is there a cost effective way of altering that so it's more screen accurate? Any suggestions (with regards to what I mentioned or anything you can think of) would be greatly appreciated.:cheers

1.) Cutt out the visor area with a dremel and invest in a preshaped visor. Im not sure if we have any dealers on the forums, but you can always pick one up off of ebay for pretty cheap.

2.) lightly sand the entire helmet with high lvl sand paper, 1000 grit probable will do. If you want a screen accurate paints go through the testors site and order all of those and invest in a cheap air brush. I bought the cheapo testors air brush with the throw away air can. Works ok and got the base colors down fine.

3.) I would basically recommend that do you all your weathering techniques on this helmet and test our what works for you and what doesnt. I know theirs a 1000's tutorials on how to paint your helmet on here but some works for other and some dont so I kinda do the trial and error. Figure out what you like and then when the time comes to upgrade to a higher quality bucket you will already know what to do.

4.) Ive been on the forums a long time but out of the fett game for a while so Im not up to date on the range finder/ stalk dealers but that is another thing you could up grade on the helmet as well. Do a quick wiki search and im sure something will pop up

5.) We all know that those DP's done have much "flare" to them so depending on yours, and the earlier the DP the better, it may be a little misshapen or squeezed in. If you have got days like we do in southern calif, let it sit in your car for a few hours if its really hot or try heating it with a head gun. Rework it and reposition it to the correct shape and then place a dowel on the inside to keep the new form while it cools down.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back