10 Webley Kits - Official Commitment List

Stormrider

Well-Known Hunter
UPDATE: Pasted from below and updated the list of people as best I could.

Ok here we go. This is un-orthodox. But Im Happy with the way these kits have come out. However I can already see a few things that could be better. That being said, im going to do something that goes against what I usually do. Im going to lower these kits a bit.

Now, im doing this for two reasons.

1: Theres a lot of kits out there, and times are tough I almost always give a price, and the final price is less. This time, I want to to be a better price.

2: Ive cut my process way down, and cut the waste way down. Im getting far less 'useles pulls' than I thought. Im doinga bout 4/7 excelent 2/7 good 1/7 bad.

Bads I chuck or see how they break when thrown or dropped.

So that being said, for this run im going to do:
Excelent pulls: 150 + shipping (roughly 10-20)
Good pulls: 100 + shipping (roughly 10-20)

Midwest is 10, rest is 20.

Take off $20 for stocks.

I have 3 excelents and a good here now. Im going to run all my plastic out this weekend, and see where im at.

Right now, im going to hold off on rubber triggers, guards because they take 3 hrs to demold, instead of 30 minutes. And they get bubbles more than half the time.

Ill do rubber barrels but they will be roughly $20 more. And rubber coated stocks with foam centers for $20 more.

If you have any questions pm me. Im sorry for the un-orthodox of this run so far. But ive had to change process 10 times to get here.

----------------- ORIGINAL POST BEGINS HERE ----------------------
Ok, im ready to pour 10 guns. These 10 guns will be cast in black resin (optional black rubber barrell), with rubber triggers and a black resin stock, hollow cast and filled with foam.

The price of the gun is going to be $195 shipped in the US.

If you dont want the stock and D-Bracket, $175 shipped.

Parts break downs are as follows for those that need parts:

Barrels are $75 shipped.
Bronze cold cast grips $15 shipped.
D-brackets $15 shipped.
Stocks $40 shipped
Gun body/barrell lock $40
Trigger/Trigger guard/hammer: $10

Broken replacements will be cheaper.

I intend to do the two runs, pour as many rifles as I can from the plastic, and retire the project.

The ESB greeble kits should get going this week.

The ROTJ after that

Im limiting this run to 10.

The second time I do this run is going to be $240 shipped. This is because the time Im spending on some of the parts is 4x as much. Like rotocasting, drilling, foam filling of the stocks. Its almost as time consuming as to make a helmet. Just not as much resin. They will be 200 without the stocks.

Ill be putting together 'seconds' as I make kits, of the parts with too many bubbles. Those kits will be $125 shipped.

I expect those to be good barrels, good grips, decent everything else.

The 'first' kits will have virtually no bubbles or outward blemishes, and will be ready to glue or drill and use.

The 'seconds' will be close, but will have some cleanup/bubbles to fill. But still very clean casts, with minimal filling.

The seconds will be sold as the un-perfect parts accumulate.

I will not sell anything that I think is a 'bad' pull in this run. Only 'un-perfect'.

First come, ready to buy only at this time. Unless I have discussed previosly in a PM.

Ill post pics of of what to expect saturday evening once i get my back in town.

One thing to note is there will be a few small bubbles here and there on 'away facing' surfaces. Inside the barrell, under the dplate where it attaches to the stock/grip. The butt of the pistol may have small bubbles. Similar to the rubber knees.

Im going to do my best to keep all blemishes away from the visible surfaces.

I dont want to risk venting some of these places yet. As venting them wrong could make the mold produce worse results. As the lack of vaccume may prevent the 'squish' from forcing the resin into the detail.

I think that for 80% of the people, the finish on these as they come out of the mold will be a better finish than painting them. And you get the 'true webley metal' finish.
-------------------------------------------------

Excelent / Clean pulls - $150 + shipping
--------------------------------------------
1 Galactic Bounty Hunger (No Stock/D) $140
1a Grifter :) $170 --------------------------------------- - PAID - Shipping 2/10 - SHIPPED
2 Fett Fanatic - $170 ------------------------------------ - PAID - Shipping 2/10 - SHIPPED
4 22ssplt - Full Kit - $80 + trade -------------------------- - PAID - Shipping 2/10 - SHIPPED
9 godaking - full kit - 170 -------------------------------------PAID SHIPPED
6 shabad - Full Kit - $170 --------------------------------- - PAID - Shipping 2/10 - HOLD FOR RUBBER BARREL

3 McKenic - $190
5 987654321a - Full Kit - Rubber Barrel - $170/190 Pending barrell
7 scooter - full kit - $170
8 cupluv - full kit - $170
10 99centtaco - pending pics/feedback) - $170

Seconds/imperfects = 100 + shipping
---------------------------------------------
1 FRB13--------------------------PM SENT
2 disposablehero------------------PM SENT
3 TK2280-------------------------PM SENT
4 escho34-------------------------PM SENT

Last edited by a moderator:
Add me to the primary list please.

Rubber barrel, rubber stock hard foam and I would like the additional ESB kit.

add me too brother, ESB, everything!! pm sent...(y)

**EDIT** I WANT A FULL RESIN KIT, WITH ALL THE EXTRAS*** :D

I am in for one ESB kit. Thanks.

Edit

I would like a resin barrell and I will be interested in the greebs when you have them available. Thanks.

[EDITED as per Stormriders post - I just realised that I wouldnt know how to attach the kit to the wooden stock I have so I'd like to go for a full - rubber kit please - everything rubber :)

Thank you sir!]

Oh me please!!!

*hyper*

Need ESB greebles but no stock please - whats a D ring? Do I need one?

Will these be in kit form, and will you show us how to put 'em together if its complex please?

Woo Hoo - been VERY excited about these since you mentioned them during the knee run!

Dave

I wanted to answer some of the questions im getting.

1. The greeble kits will be seperate. Im waiting for the parts to get here this week. The scope ill be casting, other parts scratch building. ESB will be first. Im expecting the kits to be $40 ish if you bought a kit. Anyone that didnt buy a kit, they will be a little more. I cant give you an exact price, because while I know the amount of materials ill need. I dont know how much time the kits will take.

2. I dont want ANY money until the item is ready to be shipped. I dont like holding money like that.

3. Ill get some good pictures of a perfect pull tonight, post them in the morning.

The last detail im trying to work out on these is how im going to do the 'sling connectors'.

Can anyone tell me how those are usually handled (The eyelets on the botto of the grip and rear of stock).

The holes there in the stock. On the pistol grip, its just a partial cast of it that can be drilled out. But making it from resin will not work.

I may hit the stores tomorrow and look for something that will work properly and be acurate.

Im not feeling well today. Im going to attempt to compile a list tomorrow while resins curing. Ill post a pic of both 'quality' of guns and point out the difference.

Im excited to get these in ppls hands and find out what they think.

Also, edit your posts and specify if you want a rubber barrell or not. I need to know how much more rubber to get. I have plenty of resin.

I'm interested in an ESB set. Please put me down if there's any available slots. :)

-Joe

Edit: Make that an ESB RESIN kit. ;)

I'd like a full ESB kit, since this is my first costume I'll settle for seconds.

*Edit*

I mean I'd like a first run but if they're all spoken for I'd gladly take a seconds set.

Ive been pulling all day. im going to have about 3 firsts and a coupel seconds i can lay out to take pictures tonight.

I want to give an idea, and then get a kit or two shipped out tomorrow.

The stocks are giving me a LOT of trouble. So much im ready to scream.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back