need to loose weight!

woodman

Active Hunter
ok, I just want to ask would I look like an idiot if I made my fett
gto fit me now or just keep trying to slim down.
I have gained alot of since last year. I'm 5'9" 270lbs.
I want to be boba fett not boba fat. It's not like i've always been heavy
this is just a recent thing. also anyone ever seen a tubby stormtrooper?

I've seen a few biker scouts who should be walking instead of riding their speeders but hey, its all good. I guess if you want to look accurate you could trim down. But do it safely! Good luck!

Sadly enough I had gotten up to 329 at 5'9"-5'10". I have always been bigger, I was in the 240's in High School, but played football as a lineman so it suited me, and there was a good amount of muscle in that 240...anyways I started loosing weight June 24th of 08. I'm down 80lbs in that time, most of it was in the first few months as I've slacked off on exercising and haven't been as strict as I could/should be with what I'm eating but I'm well on my way to getting down to where the costume will look good on me. That's not the only reason or the primary reason but it does rank up there in my reasoning for beginning the weight loss quest. I too don't want to look like Boba Fat.

Woodman!

I am glad I saw this post. The reality is....is that there is no rocket science behind it. However if you want to lose weight I suggest lots of of Cardio! Seriously man! That's what did it for me. Cardio, cardio, cardio!

The best result for that is the eliptical (spelling?) Try out slow. Perhaps start with 10 minutes. If you can not do that, then try five minutes. The top of your head needs to look like a water spicket by the time you are done with your session.

Try to get up to an hour a day on this. Trust me. You will get results.

Oh yes! And do not try to eat before you go to bed either!

Best of luck!

IMO, you wouldn't be happy with how your suit would look at that weight.

I'm 5'9" and was around 220 when I did my first version. I was not pleased.

I got down to around 180 and things are cool there. I've gained 10 pounds over the winter, but I'll drop that off again when the thaw comes. Ultimately I want to be around 165.

I found Weight Watchers to work really well at getting me over the initial hurdle. And just getting more exercise... as much as can be worked in to you life.

The only part of the costume your size will really effect is the flight suit and the flak vest. Maybe you will have to adjust the ammo belt and gauntlets a tad, too, dunno, but if you can afford two flight suits, one for now, and one for after you near your target weight, go ahead. I am sure no one will give you heck for being boba fat if you want to get in costume now rather than later.

Then again, if you are still in the process of piecing your costume together, that itself can take a lot of time (unless you buy everything used at once). I'd suggest making weight loss a part of your costume acquisition. While you're waiting for the armor or this and that part, if you are several months out from donning the Fett gear for your first outing, set a target date and a target weight, begin an exercise program (I highly recommend the book THE NEW RULES OF LIFTING) and acquire the soft parts of the costume last so they will be in line with where you are in your weight loss goals.

Getting fit has many of its own rewards. The biggest, of course, is being a more accurate Fett!

I'm glad I saw this post. I'm trying to get down to 220 lbs and I'm well on my way; I do 40 minutes of cardio 6 days a week in the morning on an empty stomach. I do take a teaspoon of glutamine powder mixed in a half cup of Powerade Zero; it prevents muscle breakdown. I also eat 5 to 6 small meals everyday as well and I also include one cheat meal per week to keep me sane. Right now I'm 6 months out and on target for my weight loss of 40 lbs.
I am using this time to put my hard and soft items together. My bucket will be made this May by Gypsyboy up in the Great White North, and I've already bought the fabric for my flight suit although I still need to by the cotton twill for my vest. Those blasted boots are still eluding me--LOL! Research is key if you're getting into something like this so I'll have plenty of time to build the best suit possible. I'm glad there's a group like this where the members look out for each other. I'm glad I'm here!

Last edited by a moderator:
GCN/Jeod

You two must be young fellas. Hehe I was 140lbs at 5'9" until I was 22 years old. I could suck down anything I wanted as much as I wanted and not gain a pound.

lol That stops. Be ready! ;-) Hehe. When I turned 22, my metabolism just started shutting down and I shot up to 180 almost overnight. I'm now right at 200 and struggling to get it down.

Ahh the blessings of youth. How quickly they flee.

PROPER DIET AND EXERCISE!

I run marathons and triathlons and I can say that if I don't maintain a proper regiment of both then my weight takes off towards 200 lbs pretty quick. I don't think that there is any miracle way to do it besides doing it. As for reasons...you want to see your kids at your age enjoying their lives like you enjoy yours.

I bought my first set of armor off a guy who was not fat but just large (college soccor junkie) He sold me his because when he tried it on it was like Tommy Boy doing "Fat guy in a little coat".

Here is the kicker. If you plan on being seen in public with your tume on, would you feel comfortable?

With the exception of Halloween, I am a bit gunshy about wearing mine out and about. But I am sure I will get over that in time. You make the call and God bless throwing your news out for the rest us to ponder and wonder.

I have been weightlifting... dropped from 185 down to 175 and building more muscle helps burn the calories and fat off... I would highly suggest weight lifting three times a week followed immediately by 30-45 minutes of cardio, you will be surprized how fast the fat comes off and you build a sculpted body.

But above everything is being committed... it doesn't matter what regimne you have, if you are not committed it will never work.

And too you guys weighing less than 130, if you want to build more, mix whey protein with milk and do powerlifting 3 times a week, you will bulk and your metabolism will keep fat off :)

I've seen a few biker scouts who should be walking instead of riding their speeders but hey, its all good. I guess if you want to look accurate you could trim down. But do it safely! Good luck!

I don't mean to laugh but I got a kick out of this one... like the others said cardio is the best way along with your diet. I run every day and do the at home work out and thats it anf it keeps me fit. The only thing that kills me is the beer which I love so much... ummmm beer

I have to agree with Cardio dude, I've been there done that and its all good now. I gain weight just looking at food and after we had our first baby I took 3 months off from work and gained 30 lb's, for guys they call it sympathy weight so its all good, yeah right :( At the time I was coming in at around 220lbs at 5'11" 10 months later I ran my first marathon ever at 172Lbs but leveled off to around 185lbs.

My hope here is to give yall some tips that worked really well for me and if they help any of yalls then cool...

First off, I love to eat so going on any kind of diet Will not work for people like me. Any diet that tells you what you can and can't eat will only make you crave the bad foods we all love. The key is a combination of cardio and portion control, in the long run you are going to increase your cardio workouts but maintain your portion control. Later your going switch from a portion control mind set to a Fuel you body mind set but again that's much later...

Fist you should Walk, Walk, Walk,
When you first start out you should be walking for weeks. Even if you think your in ok shape to run, walking first will get your mussels and bones ready for the impact plus you may hurt yourself just trying to run right away. These are some keys you should keep in mind.
Get Some Running Shoes: Yes I now your going to be walking first but your going to need to break these shoes in...
Get Some Kind of Routine: start out walking 4 to 5 times a week before or after work, If your like me going home first for a run/walk is not a good idea I could get side tracked checking out Boba Fett stuff on the Internet. After work find a trail you can walk maybe at a park. Do what ever is comfortable for you, 15min, 30min, 2 miles all good just stick to this routine, You cant let anything keep you from walking or running....plan around your workouts, walk/runs.
Water: don't use any Sports drinks or Sports Bars they are loaded with sugar/salt, things you don't need at this point
Make it Fun: when I walk I like to read, just place your book in a position so that you can still see where your going with your peripheral vision...IPod books? down load your favorite comedian to your IPod? maybe you enjoy Sports talk or other talk shows on the radio...Again the point here is to get your mind off your workout and before you now it workout is Done...
Track Your Progress: Get a Boba Fett Calendar, what ever you did that day, put it down. keep it simple at first later you might want to mark down more detailed information but again that's later...

That's It. Do this for about 2 -4 weeks till your not winded anymore. this whole time you can and should increase the distance of your walks but you should be ready to start running now...just start out slow with short runs, keeping you portion control mind set, this is where you'll start to see some results. Again the walking was just the get your body ready for the runs. Keep all the above keys in mind while in you running phase. I'll add some running Keys

Run Away From you Car/House: point to point runs, I just want to get the run over with, so for me running to my mark what ever that is then back to my car kept me honest. Loop runs get boring and if you see your car every time around it's to easy to talk yourself into going home:)
Water Belt: get one that holds 2-4 bottles, again all you need here is water but if your doing more that say 6miles, then a Sports drinks of some kind is cool.

At first keep your runs short and stay at your comfortable distance for about two week before you increase your distance and repeat this process. Example: 4 x 2mile runs a week for 2 weeks after that go to 4 x 4miles a week for 3 weeks. at this point you calendar is going to be looking good your going to be feeling good. You could now start adding a long run to your week. Example: 6mile Sunday then run 3x 4mile runs the rest of the week...
At this point your going to really see the results you want, enjoy any foods you want just don't go to town:)

Now what? after this you should try to mix in some organized runs into you calendar..thier fun and very motivating, your going to want to start keeping track of your times, minutes pre mile, heart rate all that junk...

Look I could go on and on but this may not be the right place for this topic and I don't want to drive any of my Fett homies nuts...
If anyone needs further assistance or just someone to cheer you on just send me a message/Email

Syper

Oh yeah and make sure you change up your workout routine every three weeks, if you don't your body gets used to the workout and you don't lose anything. Your body will adapt quick so keep it fresh.

I wouldn't mind being more fit looking. I'm about 6'0 and 165 LBS, but I think the majority of it is fat. :lol: I'd love to look leaner and have more muscles. :D

I think Syper has said it best. Ive been in the militry for 12 years. When I first joined the Marines I was 2 pounds under weight to get in. The most I was there was 150. Years later I joined the Army, and I stayed around 150-160. Untill I went to Iraq and came back home at 130. After I left active duty I got lazy and went up to 194! Then I started to get back into the running.

RUN, RUN, RUN and eat RIGHT. Or bike (if your knees are bad) and eat right. It's all about cardio and eating right. These days I run a few miles and go lift. When I get home I jump on the bike in the front room for a hour or so and watch my stocks drop on TV.

Dont miss a day to work out or youll start getting lazy. Run away from your house so you HAVE to make the run back. Dont just circle your block, the idea to quit is to much of a temptation for me every time I run past my place.

Most of all eat right. Lots of good books out there. At my fire dept some of us use the P90X and it has a good diet plan to a point.

you guys are so cool! I mean this is a costume forum but you respond like people
who really care. I am 38 and as you get older you expect to gain some lbs. I dont mind being overweight I just dont wont to look like a dork in my suit. being more fit sure
wouldnt hurt though LOL! Fett makes a great incentive to drop some lbs. I will have to slim down to apply to the 501st right? I'm here in LR, AR where would my garrison be?

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back