Problems with the new "membership" system.

KnightAsylum

New Hunter
After being registered 2 years, many transactions & PMs and even 15 posts I am now in the "NEWLY REGISTERED MEMBER GROUP" I know this new membership plan is to make sure people are here for the right reason but it seems like my 2 year history will show that.
Can I get some help here?????????????????????????????

Not sure why you were stuck in the Newly registered members group. We have you squared away now. You should have full member access.

I don't like this system either. I have been registered for 2+ years, but when the site was having issues last year my post count was reset. Now I can't access the Cargo Hold, the main reason I come to browse the site (really want a Fett).

Not happy either...

Been registered over two tears too...

Kris

Then post. I am sorry if you are a lurker and not posting and adding to the collective knowledge that TDH is all about, but I think this system is more than fair. I am a member on a number of boards, and most of them are much more strict. I understand that some people are upset because they can't buy things through just PM's, but you need to look at the bigger picture. This help reduce scammers in the CH and insures activity on the board. The Dent has set the standards lower than I would have recommended - probably good he does not listen to me.

I understand if your post were reset, but to be here for two years and not make a single post... :confused

Sorry for the opinionated response (you can tell I'll never be a mod here)

Guys, in the last 2 years, have you not made something? If so, post it, share with the group. Post something about yourself in the intro section. Look for the fun threads about items like "what do you do for a living?"

I have the same problem. I signed up for the site a year ago, but it says I signed up last week. Also, I did the posts, even though I usually don't like to post, and it still says I am in the new member group. I feel mega sadface.
:(
:cry

I have the same problem. I signed up for the site a year ago, but it says I signed up last week. Also, I did the posts, even though I usually don't like to post, and it still says I am in the new member group. I feel mega sadface.
:(
:cry
What's the point of signing up if you don't like to post comments in threads?

What's the point of signing up if you don't like to post comments in threads?
To attempt to build a Boba Fett costume? No where in the rules does it say anyone who registers has to be social, but that's something to be expected.

However, I think that if you can't make (what, 20?) posts a year, you're only hurting yourself. I've lost 2-3 accounts on the RPF for not being active, but that's what I get for not paying attention to that forum.

To attempt to build a Boba Fett costume? No where in the rules does it say anyone who registers has to be social, but that's something to be expected.

However, I think that if you can't make (what, 20?) posts a year, you're only hurting yourself. I've lost 2-3 accounts on the RPF for not being active, but that's what I get for not paying attention to that forum.
But if you don't want to be social and make posts or start your own threads then what's the point? You don't have to register to see the boards and all of their content as a guest. Anyone can come to this site and see how someone made a blaster or painted their armor, you don't need a login for that.

No, but if you want to buy parts from any of the people on this site producing great high quality fett parts that you can't get anywhere else you do need an account to see the cargo hold. That's why I finally signed up.

I think the idea of the time/post count is similar to the RPF's membership restrictions... I think the board wants people to be part of the community, not just here to build a suit and leave, or to use it as a shopping mall.

People exchanging ideas, sharing work, etc... is what drives the community, and what keeps the site alive. If people are just going to come, take info and leave, it might as well just be a wiki.

There's a give and take... people need to give back to the community in the form of sharing their own thoughts and projects, or the community will die.

I've not been a member for all that long and I don't own any Beskar'gam or any other outfits but I am a big Star Wars fan especially of the Mandalorians and the Republic Commando's.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back