Death Watch Clone Wars Mando Armor

Cruzer

Well-Known Hunter
Here's the progress so far...there's still a lot more work.;)

-Cruzer

DSC04353.jpg

Thanks guys for the interest. Little more progress on the shoulder and pistol...

DSC04358.jpg

DSC04356.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. Ok, the pistol is done. I wanted to finish it first because I needed it to figure out the thigh armor and holsters. I'm only making the one and will mold it later for solid resin casts. I took the liberty of adding a trigger because it just didn't look right without one. With the aluminum barrel tip it's about 9.5" long, which works well with the size of the BKBT thighs. (y)

Thanks

DSC04368.jpg

DSC04370.jpg

DSC04371.jpg

DSC04375.jpg

DSC04374.jpg

Thanks guys. I realized I missed a sight detail on the top after looking at the Insider ref. pics. So I'll go back and fix that this weekend. I'm hoping they're acceptible since the feedback has been nill other than two close friends.;)

I have not responded be cause I hate/want your talent. I'm making the same costume but your so fast. I look forward to seeing more.

Cruz it looks great man... I'm looking forward to seeing this finished... Let me know how you're going to rig up the holsters tho because I'm going to be using built in holsters for mine

I do spend a little too much time in the garage and on props. I'm going to try and start making the mold this weekend. This pistol should be pretty easy to mold and cast once the mold is finished, so I hope to make inexpensive resin casts available.

I've given the holsters some thought, and the only thing I can think of that would work is a hidden support belt and straps under the flightsuit to hold the weight of the thigh armor, holsters, and blasters. I can't see any other way to hold all of that weight in place.

I'll also be experimenting with making a mold that allows the holster and thigh armor to be one piece. The holster will have to glued in place after if this idea doesn't work out. I'll be sure to post build pics.

Lately I've been working on the shin armor, so I'll post pics up this weekend when I get a chance.

Thanks

Thanks for the link. I'm going to leave the darksaber to someone else since the armor alone has been enough work.

Update:
I've placed the shins on hold to mold the pistol before it became "beat up" by handling it too much. I added the sight detailing and taper on the trigger guard and sealed the pistol with a coat of paint over the weekend. I also made the mold box and as of right now silicone is curing over one side of the pistol. Today after work I'll start the silicone for the second side. I hope to be able to make the first casts of the pistol this weekend. (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back