Polystyrene Reinforcement?

Cyris

Active Hunter
I've been doing a little bit of searching throughout the forum but with little luck on the matter. I've just casted two lids from my scratchbuild, so my question is this: Does anyone have their own recommendation(s) when it comes to strengthening their buckets? Would applying fiberglass (if it can adhere) or even Bondo on the inside help any? The main things I'm concerned with are possible warping/losing shape or cracking the paint if the lid is flexed. Any suggestions?

Fiberglass and resin will be your best bet. Most of the time that is what I and others have used to reinforce helmets and other armor. Bondo might work, but you would run the risk of it popping off and it would be heavier than a good fiberglass layer.

Fiberglass was the original plan, it's just that I got the impression here and there that it wouldn't bond well with plastic. In any case, if it is still a viable choice then I'll stick with it. Thanks!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back