need help with gloves

JDFett

Well-Known Hunter
okay guys...someone has to have an alternative glove to the nordstroms...i just can not find a pair to fit and have trouble paying huge cash for gloves...has anyone found a good alternative...or at least give me some dying options...the ones i had i tried everything to get the color right and it no where near....help fellow jangomites! its basically the last thing i need for this costume!

i found some things that seemed very close to color on ebay, but the seller didn't have better pics to send me. I think i searched Women's Grotto blue leather glove or something along those lines and found some. I too do not want to pay $60 or whatever the price is for the nordstrom gloves so I've been looking. Everytime I go to Marshalls I see gloves very similar for a fraction of the cost.

the only problem i have is my hand measures about 9 3/4 inches and there is no way im getting my hand into a womans glove. i need another alternative

i like this idea...how are they holding up still...? i wonder if i used a lighter thinner leather glove if they would flake less? the gloves i had to use were a very thin leather.

i am probably going to go this route too. Also curious about how the paint is holding up. Is it transferring to your blasters at all?

the gloves are really thin, they are completely unlined. I did this back before I did all my ugrades over a year ago. You will have to re-mist them after each troop. The paint does flake some. I now have womens gloves from Nordstrom's, cut the lining out, and soaked them in water, then stretched the heck out of them. Doesnt transfer to the blasters at all.

is that a workable option for someone with a measurment of 9 3/4-10"...will the female gloves stretch that far?

Right now in nordstrom.com the have the gloves 8.5 size, grotton blue at price below there were $68.00 before. Is still a little expensive, but for me is ok cause i live in Puerto Rico and we don't have That store here. I will get them by mail. I hope this information help to someone.

Nordstrom Cashmere-Lined Leather Gloves
Unit Price: $44.90

Last edited by a moderator:
well actually the purpose of this thread was to get some suggestion on an alternate glove than that one. with my hand at 10" i really dont think they would fit and id be pretty bent if i paid 50 bucks for nothing. noone has found an alternate?

Well, when you think about...men aren't exactly likely to wear blue leather gloves...so that's probably why you don't see any.

I like using Friskmasters from Hatch. Only downfall is they're black in color.

da_1_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ive used this stuff before and it works great without the chipping...what color would you think is closest if i was to try this stuff?

color chart

i was leaning towards the sapphire

Navy Blue or Royal Blue...kinda hard to tell from those pictures and the result may be different on black gloves than the can color shows.

Actually, now that I think about it, if I were you I'd use the same stuff that Loanstar uses to weather his Jango vests. I believe it's a leather stain and not a spray paint so it may stick around longer.(y)

ya...i went through about every stain i could find so far...my gloves start out in the light tan color...the ones i bought anyway...just cant get the color to stain right...thought the nulife spray would be a good alternative because its a melatonin spray so it works well on leather..bonds to it and doesnt rub off when dry

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back