Right Gauntlet Greeblie...Found?

Gilmortar

Well-Known Hunter
So I happen to be staying in Las Vegas and visiting the elusive Art Andrews (which do not be swayed...the man is a heinous jerk... :D) and the discussion of one of the Right Gauntlet parts came to fruition. After talking Fett for most the morning and transfer of the Ref CD photos, I noticed something about the Top Hose attachment.

RightGaunt1.jpg

As you can see it, I've circled to portion that I have been racking my brain on the fact that this part is indeed a found part.

As you can see here, It was removable and had 2 prongs to it that it attached with.

RightGuant2.jpg

After speaking with Art, he assured me that (with evidence he was unable to actually devulge due to agreements with the original owner) that it was indeed a 2 pronged device.

This also got me to thinking, the shape of the greeblie and it having 2 prongs. I think it could be a heating/power element for a piece a cookware. Then after more discussion, I believe that it will be from the later 60's, early 70's era and most likely a 220v part (from the fact it being assembled and completed in the UK).

So now, does anyone have any idea as to maybe where we could start looking? I'm totally convinced this is a found part now. It really reminds me of the power element for waffle irons or electric skillets/griddles.

Any other takers? Thoughts? Comments? Critiques?

It's the first time I see that, but IMO (I live in Europe) there's too space between them so it doesn't look like a 220V female. Maybe it's just a way to connect the 2 on/off switches with the jet pack for the thrusters. I say that because the ESB costume has a cable, going from there to the vest, inside the tube.

Just my opinion (y)

As soon as you started mentioning a power cable, I too thought about cookware.... electric skillets and the likes. The large pronged probes just lends itself to such products. It would be a plausible reason on why there is a visible black wire going up the inside of the gauntlet tube. I wonder how they fastened it from the inside to handle the constant movement of wearing the costume though unless they incorporated the female side into the gauntlet itself:confused

DL...its just like you said. I do believe it has the connectors in the gauntlet, most likely cast into the gauntlet. Probably using some kind of silicone or sealer to hold them in place. It is clearly evident. With all the information Art has and knowing that he has a very exuberant and extensive collection of unseen material and photos that he is unable to share to the public I whole heartedly believe him that he says it has 2 prongs. I'll talk him into possibly making some sort of sketch or adobe illustrator shopping of how the piece looks. I really think we are on the verge of another Fett discovery.

Do you think they could be two of the long guitar like plugs that they cast into the top piece? There could be two jacks cast into the gauntlet. I am not saying that it isn't a found part, but the two plugs just reminded me of stereo plugs.

What the frak! Nice add SEEKER! :lol: Why I have never looked at the PP1 gaunt? :lol:

Do you know what are they usually used for?

It's just a basic Stereo Jack socket. It's used for variaty of things.

I found someone online saying that Maplin in UK has it. And it's Part# FK039 but I can't find it

Keep this in mind. While it is possible that these connectors originally had a functional purpose, I can't imagine it being a good or sturdy connection, especially in a trooping/con type environment. Even if you glued the plugs in place I am not sure using two small plugs as your only point of contact would be wise. I would still consider screwing the hose connector block to the gauntlet body.

I actually think the hose connector was filled and glued after the connection was made. IMO they just add the plugs onto the hose connector because they were in need of a connection to the jet pack via gauntlet, but after it was painted not to show it (except on PP#1/#3 which had the same gauntlets... I think they used them for ESB Hero with the hose connector add...).

Just my thoughts (y)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back