Modifying My Son's Power Wheels Escalade - Lights and Siren

azheat01

Active Hunter
One of my projects I wanted to finish was modifying my son's Power Wheels Escalade so that it had police lights and sirens. I finally finished and wanted to share. My son was a bit traumatized when he saw it in pieces, but he loves it now.

I used a total of 20 flashing red/blue LEDs and 4 flashing white LEDs. I have transistors on the LEDs so I could run everything off one 9V battery. I also wired in a police siren with 4 different tones that I got from a hobby store.

First off was drilling out the headlights for the two white flashing LEDs.

15-307x414.jpg
24-448x332.jpg

Then I added flashing red and blue LEDs to the bottom facia.

3-470x349.jpg

Removed the center Cadillac symbol and mounted the speaker.

4-415x306.jpg

52-433x320.jpg

Drilled out two holes on the dash for control buttons, one for the lights and one for the siren.

6-471x350.jpg
7-404x298.jpg

I think when he saw this he started to worry (he's only 3 and half years old).

8-437x323.jpg

I bought this canoe hoist so that we could still get both cars in the garage and keep the truck off the floor, but it also came in handy when I started running the wire underneath. Best $35 I ever spent, it holds up to 125 lbs (the truck weighs 95).

9-311x420.jpg

Pictures don't do the LEDs justice.

10-414x305.jpg

11-463x343.jpg

122-434x321.jpg

I wanted to paint the doors white, and put Police on the side, but my wife was not sure so I am thinking about it.

I bought him a toy AR-15 which I am going to paint black and mount to the rear.

I have a video as well, you can try and check it out here, very bottom of the page:

http://www.apbcollectibles.com/charger

Schweeet! I love to tinker with stuff too. I would totally do this. My son gets P.O.'d now when he sees me looking at his old toys to closely with the"Hmmmm. What could I turn THIS into" look on my face...

Yeah, I've gotten a little more creative lately. I am doing allot with LEDs right now. Also gearing up for my second HIC, just waiting on my Stormrider parts to come in!

You still have the best avatar out there, gigitty!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back