MY 1st ROTJ Fett

fishtanker

New Hunter
So I have just completed my 1st Fett just in time for a friends kids B-Day party today. I still have lots of little things to still go like weathering the suit and add-on pieces. I did all the painting myself and was not sure I would end up with something I liked as this is the 1st time I have done any painting and airbrushing. I also wanted to say for anyone starting a project half the fun and pride of the suit is the sweet and blood you put into it.
I want thank those from TDH that have helped make this happen for me their hard work.
Thanks LadySewforus (all of the soft parts), Man of War Studios( Jetpack and gauntlets) , Asok (Helmet ) BooBoo Fett (awesome belt) Woodman again (Wookie braids) Sidewinder ( blaster don’t have it yet but I know it’s going to be great) and Cucblack ( Armor ) I wanted to thank Fett 4 Real as I used a lot of your posts to help along the way and everyone on here at TDH.

Ps the TK is my Brother.

P1030966.JPG

P1030967.JPG

P1030969.JPG

You have a very good suit there for a first try! You might consider to weather the soft parts to match the armor parts (the armor is weathered while the jumpsuit is too clean). From the second image I noticed that the visor is partially installed (?) and the mandibles aren't parallel to each other. But otherwise it's a great suit.

Thank you I think what you see in the 2nd image is the sun sneaking in the back of the helmet so you can seen though the visor. But I did have some issues with the helmet and it bugged me too. I cut the visor our sometime before I was ready to paint it and then with the heat it warp a bit. I have ordered a new visor I will try to correct this if it does not then I have a reason to get another helmet :) the soft parts are way to clean I just ran out of time for this event but do plan on getting that done.

I love seeing a great suit completed but what I really love is the joy it brings to children when they see these characters come to life! My first experience 30+ years ago when star wars first came out was seeing a real R2-D2 and a poorly costumed C-3PO. As a kid I didn't scrutinize either of those; I just loved them for what they were! Great work and glad you got it finished in time! A little weathering on the flight suit and you'll be good to go!

Looks good bud! I bet they had fun! Agree with Mullreel, get it dirty, someone a while ago said I don't think boba would have time to run to the cleaners!! :)

If that is your first set, I would love to see what comes next! That is stellar. Apart from dirtying up the suit a bit, I can't see anything even close to amateurish.

I love seeing a great suit completed but what I really love is the joy it brings to children when they see these characters come to life! My first experience 30+ years ago when star wars first came out was seeing a real R2-D2 and a poorly costumed C-3PO. As a kid I didn't scrutinize either of those; I just loved them for what they were! Great work and glad you got it finished in time! A little weathering on the flight suit and you'll be good to go!

I agree. My first armor was a TD. I "trooped" at my kindergartener's school Halloween carnival last year, and I was literally mobbed. The kids absolutely went nuts. It made my daughter quite proud.

I agree! I smile when I see SW characters, but I really love seeing these photos where you can literally see the memories being made on kids' faces!

Nice!

If that is your first set, I would love to see what comes next! That is stellar. Apart from dirtying up the suit a bit, I can't see anything even close to amateurish.

This was the 1st time I have ever done any crafting or painting and I was worried that this would come out like trash. I don’t want to apply that I got this one the 1st try many pieces had to get sanded down and repainted. But I looked for good parts from the good guys here on TDH and that goes a long way. I know I have not posted a lot but I read a lot along the way as I was working on this and picked up a lot tip and tricks. I’m not sure what is next but I had a blast doing this one.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back