Clone Helmet Castings

Jarvis

Active Hunter
I went on a road trip today and met some 501st armor builders that have some pretty good stuff , Needless to say I bought my fair share of toys.
I was handed a mold and told I could make couple Clone Helmets so I did, (I had to hand roll the molds instead of rotocasting ) And I think I did A pretty good job of it , the interiors are smooth as glass although the castings have a few dimples on the outside there not to bad , I'm saying their made from MR parts judging by the size .
I'll have pics by tomarrow to show them off. I may buy the mold being its up for sale , Anyone interested in a casting?

Ep III Clone and yeah slushing is allways fun it gives you more control over the finished product .
Pics later today.

Here's some pics of the Clone Helmet

clone002.jpg

clone003.jpg

clone006.jpg

clone005.jpg

If anyone thinks they might want one I'll post pics and price in the Cargohold with some other Helmets and parts I'm letting go of .

I put my two Helmets on the scale and got an average weight of 2.5 pounds without fiberglass renforcement but I tend to over build sometimes for my own costume pieces, I'm sure I can get the weight down. Iv'e got use of the Molds for awhile and permission to do a Run , I was looking to Price them at $125.00 + shipping but looking at the interest so far The Price for TDH Family Members will be lower around $95.00 + shipping for a slush cast.
Let me know what you think of the price.

Keep in mind the mold has some pops and bubbles so there will be some minor clean up to the castings but still a pretty nice Helmet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine two are strong and a little thick but thanks for raising a question , How lite or thin do you want your Helmet to be and do you plan on renforcing it with fiberglass when you get it? I did mine a little thicker so that the resin would take hold of the sharper edges I didn't plan on Glassing these two , If I do Glass one for myself I'll go Two coats on the casting resin one layer Fiberglass cloth and maybe a small amount of resin after that to smooth the interior.

At that price, I'll have to really sweet talk the wife.

Now then, I've got the bottle of wine so where'd I put the cork screw and candles...

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back