I need some help with my helmet.

MandoFett

New Hunter
Hello TDH community,

I am young, but this is my very first cardboard helmet I will be doing. Boba Fett is my number one character that I would do anything to make. I have alot of toys of him.

ANYWAY, Is there any tips or tutorials that you guys and gals could give me? I'm making it out of newspaper board, 1/16'' thick, 30''x40''. I have watched tutorials on it, the cheekbone really confuses me. How do you get it curved and in position?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-MandoFett

The cheeks are the hardest part to get to look right , have you all ready started ? if so were are you up to in your build
If you are using the WOF templates , when makeing the visor peices and the side burns cut the templates out of paper then atach them together , then trace them as one peice on to your chosen material, this way instead of having 4 seperate peice you have one continuous peice , this will help alot in the construction process , becouse you wont need to join these peice together, if your using card board use a large enough peice to alow for the size for the peices to fit,
once you have attached the visor aea to the back plate , with or with out the dome youl be able to attach the upper cheeks , before attaching bend the peice t the desiierd shape also glue taps on the back side of the visor were the uper cheeks meet then glue the peices together it will take some manipulation of the card board but if the peices are cut to size it should fit with out to much trouble,

The cheeks are the hardest part to get to look right , have you all ready started ? if so were are you up to in your build
If you are using the WOF templates , when makeing the visor peices and the side burns cut the templates out of paper then atach them together , then trace them as one peice on to your chosen material, this way instead of having 4 seperate peice you have one continuous peice , this will help alot in the construction process , becouse you wont need to join these peice together, if your using card board use a large enough peice to alow for the size for the peices to fit,
once you have attached the visor aea to the back plate , with or with out the dome youl be able to attach the upper cheeks , before attaching bend the peice t the desiierd shape also glue taps on the back side of the visor were the uper cheeks meet then glue the peices together it will take some manipulation of the card board but if the peices are cut to size it should fit with out to much trouble,

My helmet got crushed :( It got sucked in the vaccum. I need to restart, but poster board isnt the best material.

theres a guy on clonetroopers.net that built a complete set of armor starting with stuff like posterboard I think u can do it just keep your head up and try again

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back