Pre Prosling gun, 2 different types

Prepro2

Active Hunter
Ive been making a Pp sling gun, Ive all the found parts , an I am at the finishing stages, I was looking at PP2 images when I noticed the whole body differs greatly from the PP1 and Super trooper version,
So is this common knowledge, I dont know how I missed it, of cause there is the difference in the scope were the PP1 has the metalic ring by the eye piece and the PP2 is with out it , also the pp2 has the darts that can be seen under the barrel were the PP1 seems to have nothing , but the main difference is in the body and the piece above the trigger, are very different shapes and then om the PP2 version this piece is set in to the base of the gun were the pp1 it sits flush along the base in linge with the Kaiser grip,

As you can see in these pics ther quite different
FETT SLING GUN.jpgBoba-Fett-Costume-Second-Prototype-10.jpg

Ive been making a Pp sling gun, Ive all the found parts , an I am at the finishing stages, I was looking at PP2 images when I noticed the whole body differs greatly from the PP1 and Super trooper version,
So is this common knowledge, I dont know how I missed it, of cause there is the difference in the scope were the PP1 has the metalic ring by the eye piece and the PP2 is with out it , also the pp2 has the darts that can be seen under the barrel were the PP1 seems to have nothing , but the main difference is in the body and the piece above the trigger, are very different shapes and then om the PP2 version this piece is set in to the base of the gun were the pp1 it sits flush along the base in linge with the Kaiser grip,

You are right with most of these differences, except the fact that the Supertrooper/Pre-Pro #1 sling gun had also those darts under the barrel (hand telescope); and to complicate the things a bit more, the original sling gun had the handle positioned backward (with the red button to the back):

ST Sling Gun Grip And Turnings.jpg ST Sling Gun Grip Backward.jpg

Yeah thanks Rafal, how ever i dont believe them to be Michell parts, not the Michell pieces many think them to be any way , the piece on the right side in some shots seems to be a thin metal rod with no detail at all an if it is the Michell dart piece it is pushed in with the detail hidden body and the back exposed ,seems a waste of a good part, the the piece on the left seems to look differnt in each shot, and in the PP2 pics looks as though it were made from a bronze/copper metal,

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah thanks Rafal, how ever i dont believe them to be Michell parts, not the Michell pieces many think them to be any way , the piece on the right side in some shots seems to be a thin metal rod with no detail at all an if it is the Michell dart piece it is pushed in with the detail hidden body and the back exposed ,seems a waste of a good part, the the piece on the left seems to look differnt in each shot, and in the PP2 pics looks as though it were made from a bronze/copper metal,

It is wrong to think that those who did the Supertrooper/Boba Fett suit actually bought turntables to tear them apart just to use specific parts for the suit. It is a known fact (maybe not generally) that Michells provided parts for Star Wars, which means extra or spare parts from the production lines. From the Michell Engineering website (read more here ==> History):

At this time, Michell were still supplying other local firms as well as working directly with the film studios making models and component parts for films such as Star Wars.

Indeed i guess that the machinists were asked to turn/make a range of piece's so it is very possible they are pieces from Michell, I just dont think they are the pieces used in the gauntlet darts,

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back