Bo Katan Hydra's Bo-Katan Armor

Hydra

Active Hunter
EDIT::::

New updates on page 2, let's get this done for CVII!

----------------------------------------------------

Howdy TDH! It's been a long while. On a bit of whim I decided that instead of a 4th custom mando I would instead try my hand at a newer, but still quite impressive female build for Celebration 6. I'll cut the chatter though and move onward.

CHEST ARMOR SCULPT:

The starting chest "buck":
IMG_1646.jpg

Roughing out the general shape:
IMG_1647.jpg

Smoothing it out!:
IMG_1648.jpg

General touch ups will be done before casting:
IMG_1650.jpg

IMG_1651.jpg

IMG_1652.jpg

GAUNTLET SCULPT:

For time's sake (or the fact I tend to be impatient) I rigged a very quick duct tape mold of my forearm. I AM CRAZY. ALSO IMPATIENT. That's my final disclaimer on that note.:
IMG_1665.jpg

Prepped the quicky mold, and poured in the quick set plaster... easy!
IMG_1666.jpg

The result is lumpy, but will work perfectly:
IMG_1667.jpg

Building the top of the gauntlet:
IMG_1671.jpg

Refining details:
IMG_1674.jpg

Tada! I do some clean up tomorrow before these puppies are also cast into plaster.
IMG_1676.jpg

The chest buck is ready for a test pull off the vacuum form machine tomorrow, gauntlets will start their journey to plaster-hood, and the rest of the armor should be a cinch (sintra and styrene). The helmet will probably be the last armor aspect to be tackled.

Last edited by a moderator:
you've always had the best looking custom mando's i've seen, and from these first few shots, i'm sure you'll have the best looking bo katan i've seen as well.

Alas my social life/other costumes get away with my time!

The sculpted components are now vacuum formed! I will be selling pulls of the chest pieces and the gauntlets very soon and probably out of my hotel room at Celebration as well!

IMG_1756.jpg

IMG_1757.jpg

Next step is getting the other pieces cut out of sintra.

Had time to get a good layer of primer on all of the main armor components today. One more layer of sanding and primer, then this stuff is ready to paint! Gauntlet, back plate, jetpack and helmet work tomorrow!

Sorry for the bad images, the pieces are sitting on my sewing room floor.

IMG_1818b.jpg

IMG_1819b.jpg

Gilmore is putting together a Deathwatch as well, I need to bother him into creating a thread for his work...

I know it's not going to be 100% screen accurate, the chest pieces are very obviously not as flat as they are in the cartoon as well. My focus is going to be putting effort into a polished overall costume that fits me well, not getting every angle percentage just right... Plus I only have two more weeks to finish this set, eep!

I don't know if there is really anybody on earth who has the body to make a clone wars character 100% screen accurate.

I think what you're going for is more than perfect. All your costume come out looking outstanding anyways.

Shins: Bo has like every else Mando-type charackter in the Show these standard DW-Shins that do not have this flat (jangostyle) reinforcement plate in the front ( Many designflaws are orginated in the lazyness of the graphicdesigners)

Holster: the Basket Angle is missing. But thats a minor flaw if the Pistol Grips are big enough.

Its an animated costume in reality...its an interpretation not exact in any way using real reference (jango) mixed with cartoon she came up with this....I think you'll all find that it looks fine when done

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back